Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Formula K24 Oro
  • Gotama
    Free Member

I need to take the levers apart as one needs a piston replacing (i think) and the other needs the bite point adjuster replacing. However the allen key bolt for the lever reach appears to be a weird size, or at least not one that i have as mine are metric. Anyone know what size it is 😕 Tried the formula exploded diagram but doesn’t seem to have any sizes on there. Bought them second hand but it doesn’t look like the previous owner has rounded off the adjuster bolts.

Macavity
    Free Member

Torx?

Gotama
    Free Member

Tried that with no cigar. Finally found on the formula website that it should be 2mm but mine certainly doesn’t work. Will have another look tonight, thinking it may be rounded bolts after all. 😥

timmys

Been a couple of years since I had mine apart but I seem to remember it involving Torx bolts.

Northwind

There’s 2 different versions of lever for the K24, any pics?

If it’s the older, more common one- where the piston has a rod that sticks out of it, that threads into a barrel that sticks through the lever- then those are either 2mm or 2.5mm IIRC, and if they’ve not been used or greased for a while are a bit siezy, not to mention awkward to get into with a straight lever (don’t try and use a ball end). So, a wee bit susceptible to stripping. So, what you can do is, undo the lever at the pivot end, then swing it round, grip the rod/shaft with a good set of pliers, and rotate the lever to unscrew the bolt. Once it’s off, good idea to cut a slot across the top so you can adjust it in future with a screwdriver.

Penetrating oil a very good idea first.

Oh, and you do need a torq once you get further in, a T12 possibly?

I’ve got a set in bits just now so I can check any of this in more detail if you need, hopefully tonight.

Gotama
    Free Member

They’re the silver ones, 2007 vintage i think. Threaded bolt which goes go through the lever as you say. Wind it in or out and presumably it pulls/pushes the lever to/from the bars. Lever doesn’t return, sticks and needs a push if you move the bite point adjuster in. Guessing its master cylinder.

Got a selection of Torqs so should be ok there. Ta tho.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Formula K24 Oro’ is closed to new replies.