Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Formula C1 leaking at lever
  • bombjack
    Free Member

Ok, so mid ride yesterday evening my rear C1 decided to start leaking from the lever (just inside the reach adjust bolt) and basically stop working, checked on it this morning and there’s plenty of residue over the diaphragm and the lever is out at max travel.
    Anyone have any ideas what spare part I’m going to need to fix the damn thing? I take it it’ll need a bleed, but I’m more stuck as to what gubbins I might need for inside the cylinder.
    They’ve been no problem for the past 4 months, and now they’ve gone decidedly Italian on me!
    Cheers,
    BJ

Northwind

Wouldn’t a C1 still be in warranty? It uses their cartridge system so I think that pretty much anything that’s wrong with the master cylinder short of leaky threads could be fixed with a new mcct, but I can’t find one for sale.

bombjack
    Free Member

That’s a good point.
    Back to point of sale I go!, hopefully they will replace!
    Thanks,
    BJ

purser_mark
    Free Member

Any outcome on this? My brakes are doing the same, out of warranty I think. Bit of a shame as the brakes were working pretty well up until now 🙁

bombjack
    Free Member

Kind of…
    Asked the shop if they have had any problems like it before and they advised to send it in, it went back to the shop, who couldn’t fix it, so they sent it onto the distributor. Its now at Silverfish for them to investigate, although they were supposed to get back to me on Tuesday with an update and its now Friday.
    Meanwhile I still have no brake.
    The front has been & is still perfect, you can see the split inside the lever / master cylinder on the rear, I reckon its defo a manufacturing fault as I don’t see any way I could have damaged it.
    Hopefully more news today 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Formula C1 leaking at lever’ is closed to new replies.