Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Formula brakes, mounts for the discs? (mid build lack of tech knowledge content)
  • moonboy
    Free Member

help from the oracles please

allow me to set the scene….

dialled PA is in mid build. Have picked up some formula brakes (the one’s – before anyone starts they were much cheapness and virtually brand new) and now need to get some mounts for the front and rear.

Quick squiz on wiggle shows the most plentiful mounts, both front and rear are hope.

Do i need formula specific mounts or can I mix n match?

(Incidently, dont have discs yet either but have been told quite a few different options available, thinking 180 f 160r ?)

thoughts?
    help?
    pointers?
    general build deconstruct type comments?

🙂

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

IIRC formula do 200mm rotors, rather than 203 like hope etc. You’d be best going here:
    http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/brand/formula/formula.html

Always been terrific for formula spares for me. Way better than the importer …

I’m using 200mm f, 180mm r on my 5 spot, and 160mm f+r on my racey hardtail.

moonboy
    Free Member

ahhhh, that link looks like it’ll get me what i need.

considered 160 f & r but thought that my radness may merit the 180 upfront. Possibly not?

ta muchly 🙂

wwaswas

go for 180 – weight penalty over 160 is small and increase in power and mudulation is worth it.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

If it is a PA, 180 up front will probably suit it. I was running 180/160 on the 5 spot, but it started scaring me so I wimped out and bought dinner plates for it.

moonboy
    Free Member

180 it is then

(have an enduro in the quivver which is also dinner-spec)

coatesy
    Free Member

Not sure if it’ll be an issue for your set-up as i’ve only come across these brakes on Lapierres, but every one has had to be shimmed out from the mount to avoid the rotor dragging on the caliper body, not a major issue, but something to be aware of when setting them up.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Formula brakes, mounts for the discs? (mid build lack of tech knowledge content)’ is closed to new replies.