Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • formula brakes
  • the00
    Free Member

Time for some new brakes, as it doesn’t look like i’ll be getting my m800 saint brakes back 🙁

Crc have sets of formulas (either t1 or R0) at about £200. Are these worth a try against similarly priced XTs?

unklehomered
    Free Member

Not when SLXs are basically the same, and can be had for much less.

kendo954
    Free Member

http://store.formula-brake.com/special_offers

Got my mega’s here, direct from formula cheap as chips and complete with rotors & mounts, cant beat those prices.

took about 5 days to arrive

chakaping
    Free Member

The T1s are excellent brakes. Better than new XTs IMO.

At that price for the 2012 with mounts and rotors, they are a bargain.

_tom_
    Free Member

Not sure about the XT but the oro k18 I have was certainly more reliable than the SLX I had for a while. Would definitely go formula over shimano!

unklehomered
    Free Member

Really? I have both, shimano have always needed less maintenence, don’t get me wrong I love my oros, but over the 6 years I’ve had them they have needed far more attention that all my shimano brakes combined (including one set that’s old than the formulas)

_tom_
    Free Member

I had a lot of issues with my shimanos, one had to be replaced under warranty and I somehow found the bleed fiddlier than my avids! Combine that with the bite point being really far into the travel and the lever feeling awful and skinny anyway and you have a less than satisfied customer! Conversely the formula has had no problems at all apart from short pad life as they’re pretty tiny pads in comparison.

unklehomered
    Free Member

New SLX or old? levers are def. better on the new ones.

_tom_
    Free Member

This years model. I appreciate that lever blade shape is personal preference but imo they feel awful. Way too thin and weird.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Interesting, I’d change the shape of my oro levers if I could, annoyed I dallied and now the Straitline replacements ones are discontinued.

On levers my Oro ones now have a massive amount of play in them.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

I have a set of RX – apart from a slightly sticky piston (easily resolved) and the OEM pads lasting for 5 minutes, they’ve been amazing.

Bleeding is a piece of cake and they’re very, very powerful with excellent modulation.

Northwind

I’d have T1s over anything Shimano have ever made tbh, they are fantastic (and fully servicable- though parts ain’t cheap). But it’s a fair price difference and the shimanos are also very good.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘formula brakes’ is closed to new replies.