Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Formula B4 hose replacement
  • allankelly

Hi, I have an old (obviously) set of Formula B4s which have been in storage for a while. They’re now on a not-gnarly-dude bike and they’re OK but very very spongy. I’ve replaced the pads, replaced the fluid, sandpapered the discs. It’s been suggested that I should try replacing the hose before I bin them.

Anyone got experience with these? There’s a load of B4 spares still available, but not replacement hose-end-things. I have some random B4 parts including little o-rings which I think might be needed….

Any advice welcome!

Cheers, al.

flyingmonkeycorps

No idea, but I’ll probably have a set of spares-or-repairs B4s soon if that’s any use to you?

allankelly

Hi flyingmonkey, how good/bad are your B4s? Can you skid!? I’m sure they were good when I first had them… but they were my first discs straight from V’s.
    I actually have 2 sets of these already, so I guess not much point in me taking another set!
    Cheers,al.

flyingmonkeycorps

The rear is spot on, can happily lock the wheel with one finger. The front until recently was just as good, but now after fifteen minutes or so of heavyish use (ie me riding like a fanny) loses all power and just pulls back to the lever, and only seems to get any better after about three days under the stairs.

Not as good as my XTs, but decent brakes!

allankelly

Thanks, sounds like it’s worth persevering then…
    Also sounds like your front has sprung a leak!
    I found the tech docs here: http://www.formulabrakeusa.com/tech/index.htm
    al.

onandon
    Free Member

when you say cable ends do you mean the banjo fittings?
    if so you can use the Hope ones but the formula ones are still available if you search on-line ..

i got some a few months ago ,cant remember where from though.
    £8 a fitting means it would probably be better to buy a set from E-bay.

i still use mine on my main bike as i haven’t found anything better (including two sets of Hope mini’s and a set of Avid ultimates)

if you need seals drop me an e-mail as i have some leavers and calipers kicking about that i rape for parts and i need them.

flyingmonkeycorps

Surely if it was a leak they’d never go back to working properly though? I can’t see any fluid loss anywhere

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Formula B4 hose replacement’ is closed to new replies.