Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Formula 1 bike
  • aracer
    Free Member
    Olly
    Free Member

i kind of like it.
    in as much as.

it looks like someone has built thier own bike, 100%, custom parts, to fit a custom chassis.

its not how i would do it, so i wont buy it, but good effort to them.
    wonder if its anygood, it looks chunky and heavy…

nickc

Didn't NYBS pull this to pieces not so long ago…

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

So what happens if you puncture or break a wheel, given there are no QRs, and while disc brakes are fine, I'm not sure a bicycle will generate the kind of heat necessary to get them up to temperature.

Plus, it kinda looks like a bike, not anything THAT new. plenty of fork/headset designs like that on TT bikes already that are much more aero and neat.

RealMan
    Free Member

Old news that.

And I still dont think its as good as my training bike.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wot no Deb Murrell?

Mister-P
    Free Member

I am waiting for the electronic shifting version before I open my wallet.

njee20
    Free Member

Saw that in the Times a few months ago, it'll be like any other heap of crap that a car company comes up with when they try to design a bike!

It claims to have electric shifting with no cables, but there are clearly conventional cables on both mechs. No QRs, all proprietary parts and to top it off… carbon discs, carbon rims barely work in the wet!

Total junk, I feel sorry for anyone who splashed out £20k on one when they could have something that will actually work, and get a Dura Ace SRM so it can do all the data feedback too.

walleater

CaptainFlashheart – Member

Wot no Deb Murrell?

Ha, I thought that:

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*High fives fellow retronerd!*

😉

Solo
    Free Member

Yeah, Carbon disc brakes on a bike ???, I suppose that if you set-up your pads to drag on the disc, then they may be warm enough to yeild proper performance, eventually…

Oh, and they'll be cheap to maintain, wont they….

Anyway, too much braking power on skinny tyres and they'll just lock-up.

Its just a design exercise.

Solo.

aracer
    Free Member

Anyway, too much braking power on skinny tyres and they'll just lock-up.

😆 😆

clubber
    Free Member

F1 discs aren't made of carbon fibre like that (eg the woven stuff). Those are just for show and would barely work.

njee20
    Free Member

Allegedly they're carbon ceramic discs which will offer powerful modulated braking at any temperature or some such bollocks!

Stupid idea. What's with all the bolts too, they're not even standard heads, so you're not going to be able to do ANYTHING to it. I wonder if anyone will actually ride that though, or if it's just to be hung on the wall and boasted about with your work colleagues.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Formula 1 bike’ is closed to new replies.