Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Forme bikes any good?
  • devash
    Free Member

http://www.formebikes.co.uk/

Seen some 2013 Forme hardtails going for super cheap in various places, with some quite phenomenal kit for the price (Reba forks, XT / FSA drivetrain, Easton wheelset etc).

Anyone currently riding one of their bikes and can vouch for the quality of the frame? A quick search on this forum / Google hasn’t really addressed the question of frame durability / warranty questions.

wellywheels
    Free Member

Which models are you looking at?

wellywheels
    Free Member

I’ve used and tested a range of their bikes and currently race on their bikes for them! And i’ve thrown a fair amount of abuse at them!

I’m impressed with them! They are a relativly new brand so there isnt much info on the web about them.

devash
    Free Member

Either one of the Winscar models (AL / C / 29er).

I already have a decent FS for trail riding but am looking for a light fast hardtail for training with the intention of getting into racing at some point in the near future but don’t want to fork out ££££s straight away.

dazz
    Free Member

I had a Forme element, then a Stag about 2 years ago, got to say they really surprised me in a good way, my brother has the stag now & it’s still going strong, I never had a reason to question the warranty so I can’t comment on that, but I wouldn’t hesitate about buying another one.

wellywheels
    Free Member

If you can get the 29C at a good price you go won’t with it at all! Its what i’ve been rocking on this year!

Forme are based in Derby under the same roof as Moore and Large. Really good bunch of guys that love bikes!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/311069_567385739950708_324339714_n.png

The Alu ones ride nicley as well! The rear bolt through on thr Alu 29er is one to note its does make the rear end nice and snappy i use this bike for training on!

Alex

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Was it just me or did anyone else read that as

Froome Bikes and thing Chris was jumping on the bandwagon?

maximusmountain
    Free Member

I have a CX forme (the hiver) and I have to say it is absolutely fantastic, build quality is great and its light and has been taken down some light downhill trails near me with much annoyance of the baggy short brigade.

wellywheels
    Free Member

Those hiver frame were a huge hit on the uk cx mareket! They were everywhere!

I thought they were fantastic bikes!

@devash if you do end up getting a Forme and if there are any warrenty issue your having issues with feel free to message me or anything and i can see what i can get sorted! You shouldnt have any problems thou!

devash
    Free Member

@wellywheels

Cheers mate. Going to hopefully get to a few shops in the next week or so to check sizing etc.

wellywheels
    Free Member

Not a prob!

Cool!

wonnyj
    Free Member

That carbon one is the pic above looks just like a Hong Fu.

silverampohm
    Free Member

FORME
    BUYERS BEWARE !

Forme Winscar 29C £3500 carbon XC race bike
    I purchased one of these, After a couple of rides i couldn’t work out why it didn’t ride right.
    When i checked the geometry and took it into dealer for warranty.
    Heres the dealers findings.
    Rear dropouts, one higher than the other, drive side twists as the QR is tightened.
    Rim (perfectly trued and dished) 3.4mm closer to Disk stay than Chain stay. if its 3.4mm at the rim what is it in terms of alignment when you get to the from wheel.
    A CRAB.
    This causes the bike to corner left with the front sliding or right with the back drifting.

FORME’S LifeTime frame warranty isn’t worth a damn

Forms response to dealer is frames have a 4mm tolerance and returned the bike.
    since when is there a tolerance of a bike frame?
    one that allows the bike frames tracking to be out.
    further to that over bumps the frame responds by twisting further out or flexing.
    its a zebidee bike.

silverampohm
    Free Member

oh just to confirm. this isn’t even warranty. its manufacturing defect.
    both the manager and the level 3 mechanic at my dealers have stated that its wrote off or would refuse to ride it.

matt_outandabout

Small claims time.

That is pants.

cyclistm
    Free Member

Welcome to the forum 🙂

maximusmountain
    Free Member

Of course there is going to be a tolerance, you can’t have it perfect, that’s not going to happen but 4mm is way way off anything sensible. Is 3500 small claims? I wouldn’t call 3500 small but maybe in the grand scheme of things.

matt_outandabout

I wouldn’t call 3500 small but maybe in the grand scheme of things.

No, but it is a legal phrase that means for (up here in Scotland) you can issue small claim summary cause for a £62 fee. I presume south of the border is similar. You have little to loose – and if it goes to you as a win, they also pay all your expenses and court fees.

Find out about starting this procedure, then write to Forme importer stating your intention and requesting a full refund or (straight) replacement. If you don’t get any joy, start proceedings with the courts. That is what they and the scheme are there for.

Did you buy the bike on credit card? They too are good for going after people for not fit for purpose, or if ordered online, distance selling regs.

silverampohm
    Free Member

Thanks for your replies everyone. my contract is with the bike shop and not the importer.
    i really hope everyone else gets the message and dissuades their friends from the brand should the need arise.
    Anyway, I’ve seen a spooky metalhead frame on here in classifieds but i can’t see how to email the seller. nothing in his profile.

silverampohm
    Free Member

And finally,
    the bike was purchased from Ralph colmans in Taunton.
    In the end it was passed on to the director. An argumentative irish man who doesn’t let you get a word in.
    Eventually he refunded me and at the same time told me i was trouble and banned me from the shop.
    But still i waited a month and got a refund.
    I now own a nicolai frs g-boxx.

Trekster

silverampohm – Member
    Thanks for your replies everyone. my contract is with the bike shop and not the importer.
    i really hope everyone else gets the message and dissuades their friends from the brand should the need arise.

My lbs binned them after messing them about and losing a sale amongst other things 🙄
    Also know shops that have binned Lappiere for the same reasons.
    A friend has just broken anther Intense frame and there are many on here who have posted broken stuff and having issues with shops/importer/manufacturer including a recent Kona post!!

Maybe time to investigate the bike industry by Angela Rippon and the Rip Off Britain programme 😆

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Forme bikes any good?’ is closed to new replies.