Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Formbycycles???
  • bradley
    Free Member

Anyone ever heard/used these guys? What are your experiences?

lipseal
    Free Member

Expensive.

bradley
    Free Member

Expensive.

Maybe but they offer 36 month finance which most places don’t, only 24 month…

lipseal
    Free Member

Don’t leisure lakes offer that?

Esme
    Free Member

Some kid working in Formby Cycles tried his very best to interest me in their excellent range of “ladies shopping bikes” – grrrr 👿

bradley
    Free Member

Esme – I won’t be dealing with them face to face as I don’t have any stores local to me lol >.<

lipseal – do you suggest perhaps asking the question “What stores offer 36 month 0% finance?” lol

project
    Free Member

They have the stock on display in a large steel shed, well lit, large car park and everything priced, sadly the staff dont offer to help you, you need to approach them or wait .

brakes
    Free Member

I prefer it if staff leave me alone
    until I click my fingers

bradley
    Free Member

brakes +1, -1 for your edit, though. I don’t tend to click my fingers, not very good at it, instead just shout ‘OI!’.

Anyone ever bought anything, mail order, finance etc from them?

JohnClimber
    Free Member

If you’re from the area buy from Thatto’s cycles in St Helens.
    Great service, stock levels, knowledge and deals.

Formby cycles use only if you’re desperate and if you know what you need. I went in there a week ago and I had to tell one of the young counter monkies what spd cleats were and when he had learnt that they were they didn’t have them in stock.

Heard another story but I won’t put it up on here just in case it’s wrong, but put it this way I’d never give them my home address just in case.

taxi25
    Free Member

Bought my last bike from them with the 36mth option.
    No complaints from me. Great service over a warrenty claim aswell, so thumbs up from me.

nealglover
    Free Member

Bought two Stumjumper FSR Comps from them at the end of last summer, good discount and 36 months 0%

Bought over the phone (having rented the same in France to test) sales guys were very helpful, sorted a few bits to change before delivery etc.

Couldn’t have been happier with the service or the price.

acidchunks

Was my LBS for years before I moved away from the area. Sorted me out with mail order prices on most of my purchases.

Not used them for years though.

bradley
    Free Member

Seems pretty solid. I think I’ll be getting my first full suss off there on finance via mail order from the looks of things…

Thanks all.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

We got the daughter bike from Formby cycles a few years back (off Santa) but when the wife went to collect it a few days before Christmas it had a mahoosive scratch on the frame, deep one that wouldn’t Tcut out.

Anyway, Mrs Coolhandluke was not too pleased and refused the bike. As they didn’t have another one the same or much chance of getting a replacement for the big day they offered her a more expensive similar bike.

Problem solved nicely but to try to pass off the damaged bike in the first place wasn’t great IMO.

bradley
    Free Member

Well I’m a firm believer in if you don’t ask you don’t get, my current hard tail was an ex-show bike and used to be used as demos for people when trying for size in the shop, due to this there were a few scuffs on it and after asking if I can have a discount due to damage they gave me 10% off so if my brand new £2K full suss comes with a scratch seeing as it’s mail order I shall be sending it back lol.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Formbycycles???’ is closed to new replies.