Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • formal fashion
  • soobalias
    Free Member

the lovely sunny weather got me wondering……

when wearing a double cuff shirt, how do you go about rolling up the sleeves?

TooTall
    Free Member

You must be asking for someone else!

Unfasten the cufflink, then fold upwards – it isn't that difficult. Suggest a couple of turns only so it sits mid-forearm rather than all the way up and making your colleagues feel puny with your display of rippling bicep.

soobalias
    Free Member

but how do you avoid losing the cufflinks once they are removed?

in a normal (tesco value) shirt, i always roll up above the bicep, any lower and the fold isnt tight enough to hold my marlboro softpack securely.
    Can anyone suggest a suitable exercise to bulk up my forearms to resolve this?

john_drummer
    Free Member

Eat plenty of canned spinach

Re the cufflinks – just fasten them again without passing through both ends of the cuff

TooTall
    Free Member

Remove cufflinks and have your valet look after them. In fact, just have your valet do the folding in the first place.

Try 'manual labour' for building bulk – I hear the common people have need of this sort of thing on occasion.

soobalias
    Free Member

this blasted new government consortium thing is removing all of our slaves servants, bloody nerve if you ask me.

where can i get some of this manual labour from, would have to be black market as i cant be known for associating with the common folk but daddy gave me the discreet credit card for just this sort of thing.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Short sleeve shirts.

HTH

jonb
    Free Member

Short sleeves! he said formal fashion and I assume he doesn't work in IT.

Just roll, never abover the elbow.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Why is the right-hand side covered in lingerie adverts? 😯

Or is that just me?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Nope, here too. Ding Dong!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Simple, you don't roll them up as it looks terrible.

soobalias
    Free Member

thats just you BigD

roll, jonb, not fold, controversial move that, might try it discreetly at home first. does it not look a bit 80's, i know that the 80's is the new 60's an all that.

*aims for record usage of comma*

Travis

as Kingtut said

If you are wearing formal fashion, then it has to be formal. Otherwise, it's informal

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Can anyone suggest a suitable exercise to bulk up my forearms to resolve this?

Try being single or married for an extended period. Just make sure you alternate arms.

TooTall
    Free Member

If it is formal, is it fashion?

SOOB never actually takes off his nehru-style suit anyway – if he tried the static generated would kill him.

tiger_roach
    Free Member

I only roll back the cuff – looks a bit naff more than that IMO.

But then I'm happy to wear short sleeve shirts – have to really when it gets too hot as otherwise I can't cope. Fortunately I don't usually have to wear a tie – if I did might have to go with the naff rolled up sleeves.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

looks a bit naff

[quote]happy to wear short sleeve shirts[/quote]

Listen to this man at your own risk!

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Which is why I started 'But then'… my point being that there are times when comfort takes priority. Having said that I do think my heavy cotton short sleeve shirts are OK.

soobalias
    Free Member

first rule of holes:

when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘formal fashion’ is closed to new replies.