Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Form over function…would you want to ride an ugly bike?
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

I’m with you 13th floor monk

Every time I ride 1*11 is get infuriates by its gaps.
    To paraphrase James may- they have gaps big enough you could get another cassette in there……

Which is fine If you reach a climb and engage winch and then Drag your arse to the top.

I enjoy the climb as well as the down and part of that involves being able to select the right gear.

Equally – why a dropper on a bike like that yeti – I see why you’d have one on your gnarduro bikebut it seems these days you can’t have a bike without a dropper. It’s like folk forgot how to ride a bike.

13thfloormonk

😀

Careful Trail-Rat, I was just commenting on form of 1×11, wouldn’t want to get dragged into an argument over function!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Haha. All the guys I ride with are 1*11. All I ever hear is “can’t find the right gear ” or “crunch”

And we seem to lose mech hangers more often also.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    maxtorque

Definitely Function:

Luckily it’s so f’ing fast, you don’t have to look at it for long…. 😆

MoreCashThanDash

I’ve looked at changing my bikes for more modern functionally better models, but my riding abilities are fairly poor anyway, so I keep ending up with very pretty, classic looking steel bikes.

epicyclo

There’s no point in obsessing about how an mtb looks.

They are all ugly until covered with a layer of encrusted mud.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Form over function…would you want to ride an ugly bike?’ is closed to new replies.