Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Forks:new gen v old. 26 budget content
  • tailsmtb
    Free Member

Hello all, I’ve got a mega tr, 26, with rl revelations. There’s no low speed comp and I find on steep trails I don’t use the front brake due to the sudden fork compression.

So, I’m looking at rct3 dampers, new forks or 2nd hand. Do old lyric solo airs hold their own against modern forks ie yari’s?

balfa
    Free Member

My understanding is that there is low speed comp on the RLs. You just have turn the lockout dial partially.

balfa
    Free Member

see https://www.sram.com/rockshox/products/revelation-rl

Damping: External rebound, low speed compression to ‘Lock’ ; Travel: Dual Position Air (+ 80g) ; Spring: Air pressure via single schrader valve

P-Jay
    Free Member

My old Lyrik RC2DH were pretty amazing forks, being pretty much single crown Boxxer WCs. You’d have no trouble getting them where you want them. I’ve got Yari’s now which are great, lighter, but not quiet as plush as the Lyriks.

Heavy compared to 36 and Pikes though.

tailsmtb
    Free Member

Thanks Balfa, v unsure about the dial to lockout, not sure if it’s a spectrum of comp or just open then locked.

If the rc2dh are that good in solo air I’d take the 200 gram hit?

Any else I should consider or take into account?

P-Jay
    Free Member

If the rc2dh are that good in solo air I’d take the 200 gram hit?

Every bit as good as I made out IMHO, they’re also stupid cheap to buy second-hand, I bought a nearly new (came with an invoice from CRC data 6 months prior) set for £180ish on eBay, ran them for a year then sold them for £220odd when bought a 650b frame. Easy enough to home service too, they don’t hide the details like Fox do.

balfa
    Free Member

Thanks Balfa, v unsure about the dial to lockout, not sure if it’s a spectrum of comp or just open then locked.

There is definitely a spectrum. You can see this if you take them apart and look at the damper as you adjust it. I have a pairs of these forks in RL and RLT versions.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Forks:new gen v old. 26 budget content’ is closed to new replies.