• This topic has 54 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Forks that last…
  • jedi

i still have my marz z1 freerides and shivers. looking to upgrade now

grahamt1980

Ok yeah most 07 or older.
    Am running 07 AM SL's on my hustler although want to change to coils so will prob look at the Z1 rc2 eta's.
    Got some 66 rc2x's on the dh bike and they are amazing once I got them set up correctly

firestarter
    Free Member

how much hammer will you have given those forks tony ;-)must be decent forks lol

jedi

they have been outstanding. the new 2010 marz forks are the 1st that tempt me.
    oh and i proper hammered them 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

lol guess thats the trouble with buying older used forks , you may have owned them 😉

jedi

i have never needed to service them either!! i'm at a loss what forks to get to replace them

firestarter
    Free Member

nice 😉 best i keep searching ebay then

MrOvershoot

04 Z1 Freeride SL's still plush & no wear, 1 service
    05 Pike air U-turn plush but flutter under breaking, 1 service
    05 Reba SL faultless with no service
    05 Rev's air U-turn locked solid due to water ingress now OK after service.
    06 Pike air U-turn slight leak from RH cap when stored USD otherwise fine.
    08 AM1 SL's OK but slightly strange feel
    08 Talas 32 OK though takes a while to set up/ find best settings.

balfa
    Free Member

I'm still on 04 Zocchis with only 1 service. Had even been using GT85 on the stanchions for years without any wear appearing! Had planned on replacing them with Foxs but think I may just run them for a bit longer after all this recent chat.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Jedi – why change them? Oil change and they will be fine

spacemonkey

Still going strong with a pair of Zocchi 03 Bombers … due a service though …

balfa
    Free Member

When I actually think about it my old 04 zocchis Z1s haven't exactly been trouble free. Snapped a lower crown(not warrantied) and destroyed a damping rod(warrantied). But I did used to abuse them for what was basically a xc fork. I guess the beauty of them is their simplicity. Even I can figure out whats what when you take them apart.

MrNutt
    Free Member

my 07 marzocchi 66's went off to windwave just before I got them and they have been great.

jedi

tj, everything has a life in my book. i had the shivers since o4 and z1's since 03.
    i wouldn't want them to give on me 🙁

hora
    Free Member

Two factors:
    -If you are a hard rider any of these forks will need regular servicing.
    -If you ride in slop regularly any of these will benefit from regular servicing.

No new mountain bike fork is bombproof. Take your chances with Mazz but they arent cheap now are they? Old rope for new technology prices.

Personally I'd buy a pair of Pikes from Winstanleys with the 2yr year warranty backup. I have had a couple of issues with Pikes but I'd rather give them my money than Marzocchi.

Just clean the stanchions by hand (not jetwash) after every ride and cycle them. You'll be fine.

If you ride through gritty slop that cakes around your stanchions then yes- its reasonable to expect they'll wear down overtime if your not removing this grit thoroughly and carefully.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Forks that last…’ is closed to new replies.