• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Del.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Forks on an Orange 5?
  • undapressure
    Free Member

Hi
    Demoed a five pro today and fell in love with it! Looking to buy the frame and swap the components from my current bike onto the Orange. Compared the Pikes on my current bike with the Fox forks on the Orange and they seem to be about an inch shorter on the stanchions? Will this have much affect on the handling or geometry? I am guessing it will.

Also my forks have been cut down to fit my current bike whereas the Orange demo had about 30mm of stackers, if I was to put on a set of risers with an extra 20mm rise, would this feel similar?

Thanks for any help you may be able to give

Artillerydave
    Free Member

pikes are 140mm, and the 5 comes with 140mm fox's so handling should be roughly the same, re the steerer spacers, easy to sort, either slightly higher rise stem or higher rise riser bars or both! but try it in little bits first.

jam-bo

pikes are pretty good on my five. if i had the cash though i'd stick some 36's or lyrics on the front…

undapressure
    Free Member

pikes are pretty good on my five. if i had the cash though i'd stick some 36's or lyrics on the front…

Do you find that the pikes make it slightly front heavy?

Del

Do you find that the pikes make it slightly front heavy?

you'll only ever notice that when you're lifting the bike over things or into the boot of the car. if it's a choice between 15mm or maxle things are probably less clear cut, but between maxle and regular qr there's no comparison IMHO. maxle every time.
    great bike. good choice.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Forks on an Orange 5?’ is closed to new replies.