Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Forks making low grunting creeky noise…
  • jamiesilo
    Free Member

first i have to declare i have done lots of swpping bits about etc.
    they started as solo air Sektor RLs but now have dual pos coil spring and Rebaound damper labelled as for U-turn coil sektors. Compression damper is original standard MoCo.
    the noise is like that creaky noise you might get in your knees, low-mid frequency. not trebley.

the u-turn rebound damper is the most likely culprit as it seems to be on extension it make the noise, or more so anyway. had a posher dual-flow rebound in just before and they were fine, but added top-out spring meant i wasn’t getting full travel.
    so sounds liek i’ve just talked myself into a diagnosis of rebound damper. but it was brand new and i can’t really see any reason whay all those bits shouldn’t play nicely together.

possibly oil volume?

jamiesilo
    Free Member

ok, just checked oil volume and it’s correct.

it actually sound like it might be the spring rubbing against the bottom of the uppers as they movew in and out (it does happen on both compresion and rebound) is that possible? seems liek it should be unlikely but..?

jamiesilo
    Free Member

right, everyone’s obviously too busy riding bikes or not interested!
    guess i’ll go and change the rebound damper again and see if that solves it

jamiesilo
    Free Member

turns out it was the coil spring assembly rubbing at the end of the uppers; easy to see when i pulled lowers of.
    weirdly the whole assembly was slightly bent. i bent it back a bit and re-installed. problem gone for now…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Forks making low grunting creeky noise…’ is closed to new replies.