Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Forks for Stumpjumper 2011?
  • kluster
    Free Member

Just bought a stumpjumper 2011 frame with the intention of building it up to do some very light and gentle XC riding, (Coz i’m an injury ridden old git) and scared to go downhill fast. Any recommendations please?

michaelbowden

I’ve got 2 step Rev 150’s on mine and they’re great

widge34
    Free Member

Yep. I have revs on mine too.

tomaso
    Free Member

michaelbowden I’ve got 2 step Rev 150’s on mine and they’re great
    widge34 Yep. I have revs on mine too.

Got dual position Revaltion RC3s on my 2010 Stumpjumper and they are light and plush and with DP are good up down and along.

renton
    Free Member

hardtail or full suss frame?

michaelbowden

Got dual position Revaltion RC3s on my 2010 Stumpjumper and they are light and plush and with DP are good up down and along.

Dual position is what I meant :o)

kluster
    Free Member

it’s an S-Works Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Frame. So I also need some brakes, shifters and front and rear mechs. Not got a clue to put on it as i’ve been out of the scene and not been off-road properly for about 4 years.
    any other suggestions? Thanks.

renton
    Free Member

Get some revs as mentioned above then and take a look at Merlin cycles for sone good deals in groupsets!!

Shimano brakes are good but its all down to personal preference!

wurzelcube
    Free Member

For transmission depends if you care about weight or not, having used SLX mechs and shifters for 6 months + I can’t really justify buying anything above SLX now (unless it’s going cheap on here!)

For the forks RS REVs were standard fit on the 2011 Comp; I have the basic RLs and they seem perfect to me. I don’t have travel adjust and find the bike climbs perfectly on steep techincal ascents with 140mm. You may be better of with 2011 / 2012 forks that have postive and negative air inputs rather than the latest Revs with only one air input as the newer forks in my opinion lack adjustability and feel somewhat dead.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Forks for Stumpjumper 2011?’ is closed to new replies.