Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Forks for Azonic DS1
  • bristolbikeproject
    Free Member

Does anyone know what length forks would be ideal for the azonic ds1 (14″)? I can’t find much info out there.

tomhoward

When they were new they recommended 80-125mm, I ran mine (10 years ago now, shiiii….) with 130mm Marzocchi z1 wedges. Awesome bike, wish I’d kept it.

meehaja
    Free Member

I’ve ran 105mm bombers on a DS2 which felt right. Tried it with some 80mm Rock shox Judys too, that felt a bit racey for my liking

bristolbikeproject
    Free Member

Maybe 120s then… Cheers

Rickos
    Free Member

I ran mine with 115mm Rebas which was good. I also ran it with 130mm Minutes which raised the BB too high, so defo go for 120mm or less.

DrP

Running mine with rigids, as an ickle trials bike…

Pretty iconic frame eh!

DrP

acehtn
    Free Member

Bit more extreme take for you.

Shaun Beven ran the old style Boxxers on his a few times, racing the Dragon Downhill series, smashed an HT win at Gethin and upset a few susser riders 🙂

Not recommended though, puts a lot of stress into the headtube area.

If you can find some zocchi Z1 FR2 or FR1 or the dropoff, they can be switched from 130-150mm travel, if you can find a set of coil pikes with u-turn 90-140mm that would be ideal, anything from 100 to 130 would be allright, 150 to 170 if your pushing things with DH but keep to single crown forks.

Done all my racing on 2005 Z1 FR2 set to 150mm travel, bombproof forks, bit weighty by Fox/RS standards but reliable and simple and easy to service…..and not service after every 20-25hours, there good for much longer than that.

Iv got 130mm z1 drop off on mine but its 17″

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Forks for Azonic DS1’ is closed to new replies.