Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Forks back to front.
  • stanfree
    Free Member

Just watching seasons and think Ive sussed out why many bikes appear to have there forks the wrong way round. Is it because the Yanks and Canadians have there brake levers the wrong way round, or is this Newbie just a ****.?

samuri
    Free Member

Having forks the wrong way round, i.e. with the dropouts facing backwards, would severely affect handling to the extent where they would fall off on every corner at speed. But yes, everyone else on the planet has their brakes set up the opposite way round to Brits.

tomatoevousparlour
    Free Member

No they'll be the right way round, just some manufacturers eg manitou run reserve arches

flow
    Free Member

What he said ^

Dickyboy

or reverse arches even 😆

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

like this one?…

scotia
    Free Member

Just watching seasons and think Ive sussed out why many bikes appear to have there forks the wrong way round. Is it because the Yanks and Canadians have there brake levers the wrong way round, or is this Newbie just a ****.?

say what?!

ZaskarCarbon
    Free Member

It's pretty shocking really when you begin to notice the amount of people riding around with their forks on back to front. 99.99% of the time it's people with Argos (other shitty chav-filled s**thole stores are available) bikes, who've put them together themselves, at home, with no prior knowledge of how to do it. I mean, for the most part, it's pretty obvious when the forks are on the wrong way around (just look at that picture above!).

However, I've actually seen bikes in-store with the same problem…. Whoever the spanner jockey is needs to take lessons in bike design. Quite frightening really to think about the number of people riding around on potentially dangerous bikes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Forks back to front.’ is closed to new replies.