• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DanW.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Forks- Axel to Crown length, rigid forks 500mm?
  • vondally
    Free Member

Currently riding ritchey p 29, and quite happy but still getting things sorted

[/url]IMG_20150315_091658816_HDR by vondally, on Flickr[/img]

currently has Manitou 100 forks and I am going to put on some carbon on one forks

the bike is designed for 475 mm a to c length, I assumed that the maitou would be that when I actually measure up

the Manitou are 510 giving a 69 degree head angle

so are there any rigid forks with a 500mm plus a to c length?

or does anyone who owns/ed a ritchey feel like sharing there views on the fork that suits the frame best?

cp

the bike is designed for 475 mm a to c length

Sagged or extended length?

Anwyay, I use Charge rigid forks – 511mm a-c

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHARGE-29ER-RIGID-MOUNTAIN-BIKE-BICYCLE-MTB-FORK-DISC-MOUNT-NEW-BLACK-FREE-P-P-/251846890068?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item3aa33e9254

soulwood
    Free Member

Syncros made a carbon fork with a 490 mm a to c, pretty sure it was the tallest available. Other than that it would be a custom job I reckon.

soulwood
    Free Member

Other than that just posted

wwaswas

the Manitou are 510 giving a 69 degree head angle

[edit]
    I was talkign bollocks.

vondally
    Free Member

from ritchey…

It’s designed around a 100mm fork with sag.

Manitous measured unsagged………..?? Difference???

wwaswas

Manitous measured unsagged………..?? Difference???

this was what I was trying to say.

IF you sag the forks 30mm then the a-c is 480mm which is as near 475 as makes no difference?

vondally
    Free Member

on reflection…when I lock the forks out and there will be limited sag I feel the ride is better…subjective…more of what I ma used too,

DanW
    Free Member

Most 100mm 29er seem to be designed around 500-505mm unsagged forks. So really you are looking at 470mm (500-30mm sag) to 485mm (505-20mm sag)long rigid forks at the two extremes. As already said, there is very little around the 480mm mark, even less available around 490mm and less again longer than that. The Kinesis Maxlight IX is light, cheap (£230 on Merlin) and 490mm long although may butcher the gorgeous looks of the Ritchey.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Forks- Axel to Crown length, rigid forks 500mm?’ is closed to new replies.