Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Forks – 26"-650b-29er the debate
  • bikeind
    Free Member

The discussion this morning was what forks was we going to stock next
    Driving the market we have Fox with their only compatible to each size of wheel
    Or x-fusion which we think are up and coming
    We certainly are going 650b and 29er
    But a few customers seemed quite annoyed by the Fox tactics

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Interesting as last year Fox forks were able to fit both 26 and 650 wheels, unlike RS or DT.

Something new for 2014 then?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

None order on demand they will always want the other one or just wait till you reduce it or worse eye it up tell you how much it costs in Germany and walk out.

ska-49
    Free Member

I’ve tried some 26” and 29” wheels in my 27.5” revelations. The 26” fits with a big fat tyre and has some good mud clearance which is nice and the 29” wheel fits in with a small tyre. Semms like the perfect comprimise fork.. Good for summer and good for winter.

chiefgrooveguru

650B forks with a 26″ wheel seems like a great way to get decent mud clearance if you want to run fat tyres all year round.

bluebird
    Free Member

Fox have it right I think. Wouldn’t a 29er fork with a 26″ wheel in it be roughly 1.5″ taller axle to crown and 1° or so slacker than an equivalent 26er fork with a 26″ wheel?

ampthill

Are most of you rfork replacements

new build
    crash replacement
    up grade on an existing bike

The last 2 must be mainly 26 surely?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I thought Fox 26″ forks took 27.5″ wheels OK?

I saw Box’s Tracer 275 build with a Marzocchi 26″ fork and it had 1mm clearance with Nobby Nicks. He’s going to dremel out the arch another 3mm (eek!) and fit a Dampf.

I imported Revs 27.5″ from Germany for mine.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Forks – 26"-650b-29er the debate’ is closed to new replies.