Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Forking hell
  • almightydutch
    Free Member

Has anyone gone from 32mm 150mm Revs to a 35mm 160mm Lyrik?

if so how did you find the extra weight on the front end?

I feel a 160mm lyrik would be a nice upgrade, dont mind slight extension of A2C length. But not sure if the extra weight would do my head in or not. I’d be going for Solo Air’s rather than coil as i think coil would be that little bit too heavy. Although would liek opinions on it.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

just done it – not really noticieable

almightydutch
    Free Member

Did you go for the Coil or the Air Lyrik’s?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

coil uturn from air revs

cr500dom
    Free Member

I went from Pilot Race (Cheap SID) to coil Lyrik on a Blue Pig and the weight was there when you were just moving around but disappeared as soon as you were moving…
    Tracked much better and the increase in travel and better damping quality far outweighs the weight.
    An I run them wound down to 115mm a lot of the time too

rob-jackson
    Free Member

115mm on a blue pig – that seems a touch silly doesn’t it?

scenetoomuch
    Free Member

How much extra cash will you need to fork out for those… (I’ll get my coat)

Northwind

I go back and forwards… 150mm Rev Teams and 160mm coil u-turn Lyriks On my Hemlock, the extra weight’s noticable but it doesn’t feel like trouble, the bike handles a wee bit differently but it works well. I’d like it to be lighter but it’s not a bother, and it still feels balanced.

But tbh I hated it on the Mmmbop, just hated it… Just felt so nose-heavy and unbalanced. And not just weight-wise, the ride of the bike just felt so dominated by the fork and not really in keeping with the rest of it, even set at the same lengths. Not helped by the rest of the kit being very light to be fair, when I had downhill tyres and my 721s in it it was a bit better but still not as good as with the Revs.

I reckon some bikes carry weight better than others.

snaps
    Free Member

I’ve just gone from 08 Dual air Pikes to 2011 2 step Lyriks & they are only 240g more.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Forking hell’ is closed to new replies.