Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fork: What are the symptons of worn bushes?
  • Earl
    Free Member

As above

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Knocking feeling through the bars,(simelar to a loose headset)

Turn the bike upside down,there should be no free play in the lower stanctions

Earl
    Free Member

When you mean free play – your talking about vertical free play?

If my bike is upside down and I punch the wheel down I get a knocking sound.

sq225917
    Free Member

Being able to see into next door's garden.?

GeForceJunky

1. Play in the bushings. Forwards and backwards direction. Can been seen if you rock the bike and look at the seal. Can also be felt by putting you finger ontop of the seal between the stantion and arch.

2. Sticky fork action. If the fork has alot of initial stiction or feels notcy.

3. Stantion wear. The stantions start to faid as the surface is rubbed off.

Drac

Farting noise when you pull out.

bigyinn
    Free Member

If you're getting knocking with vertical movement of the fork its likely to be something to do with the damping?

Earl
    Free Member

No movement back and forth and stantions are good – must be a damping cartridge prob then. bugger.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Perhaps a service is required. When were they last done?

Earl
    Free Member

2 years ago but haven't done much riding on them since so seals are still good. Thought they may have missed the bushes – hence the question here.

I did change the travel from 125mm to 100mm myself so could have messed something up.

Just rung Mojo. They won't do any work on a fork unless atleast a full service is undertaken. Can't save any pennies here then.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fork: What are the symptons of worn bushes?’ is closed to new replies.