Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fork set up in laymans terms
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

I have a slightly used Rockshox Revelation but no manual with it. It has an air valve on the top and bottom. In simple terms how will adding or lowering pressure from each end of the fork affect the way it performs? I am a bit of a luddite when it comes to suspension.

mikewsmith
    Free Member
    PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Keep the pressures the same. All that happens of you put more in the bottom (Negative air) is that it drags the fork down slightly and the pressures equalize anyway

There’s a bit of a knack to setting them up. It’s easy to end up with more -ve pressure and drag the fork down –

Let the -ve air out, set the +ve pressure then reset the -ve to the same psi or a little LESS if you like, which makes the fork feel a bit more progressive (Even coil-like) IMO.

retro83
    Free Member

Keep the pressures the same. All that happens of you put more in the bottom (Negative air) is that it drags the fork down slightly and the pressures equalize anyway

There’s a bit of a knack to setting them up. It’s easy to end up with more -ve pressure and drag the fork down –

Let the -ve air out, set the +ve pressure then reset the -ve to the same psi or a little LESS if you like, which makes the fork feel a bit more progressive (Even coil-like) IMO.

Just to shake things up a bit 🙂 I think they feel better with more negative pressure than positive, even if you do ‘lose’ 2 or 3 mm of travel.
    Set up this way, they feel like the best of both worlds – coil suppleness and linearity through the mid-stroke with a nice ramp up towards bottom out.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Thanks mikewsmith. For some reason when I tried to find it on the SRAM website yesterday I kept getting an error message. I will have a tinker with it tonight.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fork set up in laymans terms’ is closed to new replies.