Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Fork servicing, where to get it done?
  • iridebikes
    Free Member

I know the obvious ones, mojo, tf tuned, and stendec, are there any other options?

druidh
    Free Member

Lots of local bike shops will do it for you. Ask around.

sambob
    Free Member

Depends where you are, I used NWMTB in Cheadle as they were near enough to drive and it was only £65 for my Pikes, ring round all your LBS and see who’s cheapest.

hambl90
    Free Member

loco tuning

legend
    Free Member

I find the kitchen’s the best place to service my forks. Clean and easily wiped down when I get oil everywhere!

iridebikes
    Free Member

I am tempted to give it a go legend, I’m just not sure whether I’ll be able to sort out the problem with an oil change and new seals.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Flotec in Edinburgh. Got my 08 Pikes serviced recently, 63 quid, and that included postage back to me. Smooth as butter now.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If its just an oil change needed then DIY -most forks are very simple

iridebikes
    Free Member

well, they are leaking oil from the seals, and the rebound is like a pogo stick, and there is no adjustment. So I’m not really sure what they need. I bought the froma guy I know who says they werent use for 18 months but I dont know if thats true.

iridebikes
    Free Member

would the rebound suffer if there was a lack of oil due to dodgy seals?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Yes – if its lost oil there is a fair chance the damper would stop working. depends on the fork exactly. Change the oil and see if they work ok then decide if spending more money is worth it

iridebikes
    Free Member

Ok that is a good idea tj. Cheers for the advice

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Fork servicing, where to get it done?’ is closed to new replies.