Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Fork Service Hampshire
  • wheelie

Are there any shops locally to preferably Southampton that service Suspension forks? The cost of postage is getting pretty high now. Was staying near Keswick last week and Cyclewise was doing a bottom end service for £50 which i thought was a good price.

wheelie

Anyone know?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I can do you a FULL oil change service with a full strip and clean for £30 on Rockshox and most Fox stuff.
    That’s including oil but plus parts should it need them. I’m in Farnborough though, but even posting them to me and me posting them back should see it under £50.
    If you can get to Farnbororough I can do it whilst you wait. 🙂
    Email in profile of you’re interested.

wheelie

Peter Poddy, thanks for your reply YGM cheers!

anagallis_arvensis

Poddy do you run/work in a bike shop.

bigyinn
    Free Member

He does.

anagallis_arvensis

I might have to make use of his services then!

davewilson634
    Free Member

Same what shop mate

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I work FOR The Bike Company in Staines.
    But I do private stuff from home as I live too far from the shop to affect their business.
    I can do pretty much anything most LBSs can do, servicing wise. In actually rather busy these days, and I don’t really advertise, it’s all mates and recommendations.

AndyRT
    Free Member

Have you fixed that tank yet?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yes Andy, I have! 🙂

beanieripper
    Free Member

£50 for a lowers service…blimey what are you guys on. If you can cook a pot noodle you can service the lowers…probably takes about twice what it does to cook a pot noodle though..

davewilson634
    Free Member

I think Peter’s price is bloody good …forks are expensive and I’d rather not take the chance myself

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

£50 for a lowers service…blimey what are you guys on. If you can cook a pot noodle you can service the lowers…probably takes about twice what it does to cook a pot noodle though..

It’s very easy to glibly say that and to a certain extent it’s true.

BUT

I totally get why people either cannot or will not do mechanical work for themselves. I understand that they don’t have the time, or the workshop space, or the tools, or the mechanical aptitude or just cannot be bothered…. I get that. I understand why. I don’t call them idiots for it.
    Personally I’ve invested a LOT of time learning how to do this job alone. I’ve got the tools, I’ve got the parts and oils in stock. I’ve got the knowledge. Some of that you can buy. Some you can’t.
    My £30 is dirt cheap. It’s also a full service, not just lowers off. I strip and clean the whole fork. It WILL make a difference the rider/owner can feel I absolutely guarantee that. And I’ll do it whilst you wait and show you how if you like. Find a shop that will do that, go on…… 🙂

andymc06
    Free Member

Sounds very good Peter. YGM.

LoCo
    Free Member

Find a shop that will do that, go on

We do that 😉 Although we’re not in Hampshire so not sure if it counts 😕

tonyd

I recently did the Revs and Fox shock on the wifes bike but next time I might give you a shout PP as I’d be interested to learn how to do the forks properly and quickly, and I’m just across in Fleet.

tobin
    Free Member

Peter, can you service Fox rc2 damper units? Cheers, T

composite
    Free Member

LoCo – Member

Find a shop that will do that, go on

We do that Although we’re not in Hampshire so not sure if it counts

At that price?

LoCo
    Free Member

Oil change and clean for £30 yep that’s doable, no seals changed, obviously.

A lower service with replacement Fox skf seals on a set of 32mm forks is only £41.

A Full service in considerably more involved with as seals being replaced, bushes adjusted as necessary and damper being stripped, adjusted/optimised and various other parts being modified to work better.
    Hence why it costs more to get it done properly.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Only cost me less than a tenner to send my forks to Loco. Thats a gallon and a half of petrol, which doesnt get you far.

davewilson634
    Free Member

Just had my forks done by peter top bloke and top job highly recommend

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Great service. Thanks very much Peter forks feel ace.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Thanks for the kind words chaps. 😀

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Fork Service Hampshire’ is closed to new replies.