Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Fork service fail…..
  • donks
    Free Member

I desperately need to service the Rebas which are almost unridable so being proper skint I'm dong it my self….no big deal. Bought all the gear including a new 10mm socket, only to find the tech manuals and two old copes of bike mags I have which have full details on servicing Rebas failed to mention that the 10mm socket required needs to be LONG REACH. Was this obvious or should they have mentioned this little aspect? Now I have to put everything away for the night and try again tomorrow…and worst of all the wife is watching "Mama Mia" on telly and wants me to join her. Bo****ks…

Lummox

Could be worse, you could have done what I did and shear the stud on the foot nut of my fox talas, expensive extra little tighten that was!

A**e!

retro83
    Free Member

can't you just (carefully) use an adjustable spanner?

donks
    Free Member

Nope…there's no room it's only designed around a socket….Long reach one…and Mama Mia is still belting out in the front room 😥

mikewsmith
    Free Member

just drilled out a 12mm socket to do my Marz A1's

kerv
    Free Member

Take the Rebas and bludgeon yourself to death with them, believe me it will be less painfull than Mama Mia! 🙂

scottyjohn
    Free Member

Have a beer, then storm into living room raging about wrong tools blah blah, feign damaged male ego, and she may give u a consolation BJ? 🙂

singlespeedstu

If it's to undo the 10mm nut on the bottom just use a ring spanner. Or even an open ended 10mm spanner will do.

JonBurns
    Free Member

I just used a spanner to loosen the bolt, took it near the end of the thread then put the short socket on it and give it a whack. The RD service guide for revs just said to unscrew the bolt so it covers the end of the valve. Worked on my revelations during the week

donks
    Free Member

Maybe a skinny ring spanner but not the big ol open end one I have.
    Definatly gong to play on the damaged ego though…actually already started…oh thank **** Mama Mia just finished.

takisawa2

A local motor factors furnished me with a set of long sockets for £12.95

Of course, this vital info is of no use.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fork service fail…..’ is closed to new replies.