Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fork service
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Are TF Tuned the only option for getting my RS Lyriks serviced? They are quite pricey @ £85.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Depends what you want doing. If all you want is an oil change ( which IMO is all a service is – anything more is repair) then is DIY an option?

mikey74
    Free Member

Well I have carried out a DIY service (including seal change), about a month ago, but they have recently developed a knocking sound and I am off to Whistler at the beginning of July so for peace of mind I’d quite like to get them checked out by someone who know what they are doing.

snaps
    Free Member
    mikey74
    Free Member

That’s the other guys I was trying to think of. They are cheaper than TFT so it would be good to see if anyone has used them before.

hughjengin
    Free Member

Go with TF Tuned, cant remember when I had better or more reliable service. Stendec is based near me in North Wales and whilst I am sure the work is good the time scales and communication is very hit and miss, I just sent my shock to TF, and every aspect of the work from receiving the delivery to the work log was documented and return delivery was bang on time. 3 days from dispatch to receiving back. I even had a chat with the guy who did the work to talk it through. Cant recommend tham more highly

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Second the service from TF. Yes it’s pricey. But the work is good. The turnaround is fast, and they can even sort a courier to collect and return them.

Couple of phonecalls to Tim (and his missus) explaining what I wanted doing and all work done extremely well.

retro83
    Free Member

As above, TF Tuned are top-notch for servicing. Stendec have given me decent info & quick service when buying stuff in the past though too.

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks folks, I think I will go with TFT.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fork service’ is closed to new replies.