Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fork repair pricing question
  • oliverd1981
    Free Member

Ok so

The missus’s bike has a pair of Revelations which have a nasty habit of becoming hydrauically locked out if left alone for any period of time. (feels like the spring chamber is full of oil)

They’re already a bit of a frankenfork, having uturn uppers on a dual air chassis and internals. The Steerer is only long enough for the tiny hardrock frame she was using but won’t fit her new FS frame. Ideally I’d like to get them to a more saleable level of functionality and sell the frame and forks together to help fund replacement forks.

I’m a bit short on time so whats my best option – send them off for a fix? Sell them spares or repair? is it economical in the slightest if I can’t do it myself?

martinhutch

I doubt it would make much financial sense to fix them unless you can do it yourself.

What size/colour/condition is the Hardrock frame?

andyl
    Free Member

They did do dual air U-turn Revs, I’ve got a set from 2008/9.

Mine had a problem where they locked out due to oil leak, I think it was the damper oil that leaked into the lower leg. Fixed under warranty and fitted a Rev 426 damper instead of the OEM 409 one. Same damper but extra knob so no need to use an allen key to adjust the floodgate. I have no idea if it could have been fixed with a simple seal change or if it needed the whole new damper.

I would strip them and give them a full service with a set of new seals. Should be able to pick up the seals for <£10 and then you just need some suitable grease and oil. If it’s something that needs changing then they may well be fit for the bin if you cant get the uprated parts.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

It’s a small grey hardrock frame in reasonable condition if you’re interested. I’ll have a look for a seal kit and see how I get on for time. I think a mouse chewed the bottom corner off my fork oil botlle though.

martinhutch

Ah right, was vaguely on the lookout for an XS (12″) to build up for my daughter to not use.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fork repair pricing question’ is closed to new replies.