Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Fork Recommendation
  • mccraque

Hi there…can anyone recommend a 120mm 29 fork that would take 650+ wheels as well?

Am a little confused at the moment as to whether everything is going to Boost/110mm wide, or whether a standard fork will be wide enough for a 3.0 tyre.

Anyone able to shed any light? Are all Rockshox 29 forks now the wider standard!?

Minefield. Help!

Thanks

richen987
    Free Member

i have just bought a set of rockshox yari for this purpose, 29, 120mm accept 650b+ as well, they are available as normal and boost versions i believe.
    the damper is the motion control, rather than the charger damper, but does not seem much different from my pike, it does feel slightly stiffer though.
    i’ll feed back when i have had more time on it.

wiggles
    Free Member

The boost rockshox are now classed as 29/27.5+. I have the 120mm rebas and they are great. You can get a rev for a bit better damping or the pike for a stiffer fork but not needed that much at 120mm

mccraque

Thanks guys – Wiggles…does the Reba (not boost) have room for a 3.0 tyre on a 27.5?

Am thinking of just getting a set of 35mm width internal rims on standard hubs and going from there. But also owning some standard 9er wheels.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Fork Recommendation’ is closed to new replies.