Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Fork Rechroming
  • fastkid30
    Free Member

Hello there,

Quick question – where can I get my fork tubes re-chromed at a good price and a fast turn around?

cannondaleking
    Free Member

No such thing as a fast turn around with chroming dude the crap ones are quick at a out a month and the really good ones are about three months and there are a fair few bad ones!!!!!

So far hockley enterprises are my go too company for chrome work price is fair and quality is great

bigyinn
    Free Member

What sort of forks are we talking about here?
    Are you talking about steel forks that are shiny silver or suspension forks with worn stanchions?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

There is a company who can replace the stanchions on any fork with generic tubes.

But if you genuinely have chrome tubes that have worn then they need to go into the nearest skip.

pickle
    Free Member

Depends on the forks, just because the chrome has flaked or worn doesn’t mean throw them away! I’ve had some proper old early 80’s Landing gear forks which were shot to pieces redone and they’re as good as new.

If they’re cheap old crap then maybe but if they’re quality old forks then it’s worth doing.

Ambrose

I was on the phone to Regen Suspension earlier today and was pleased with the prices quoted for the services offered.

In a nutshell, total refurbishment including paintjob for £180:00. Turn-around in about a week. This will include new stanchions, bushes and seals, a paintjob, and a full service.

Trying to find a good set of straight steerer, qr, 140mm RS forks is not easy or cheap. This is a good deal IMHO.

duncancallum

try motorbike shock chaps

LoCo
    Free Member

As above the classic motorcycle restorers etc are the best bet for good quality re chroming.

RE. the individual stantion replacement for MTB forks which a couple of companies now seem to be offering, how are they claiming they check the structural integrity of the crown after they’ve forced out the original stantion and forced a new one back in?
    Unless you can see the structure of the material of the crown, the failure of which in use really doesn’t bearing thinking about.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Trying to find a good set of straight steerer, qr, 140mm RS forks is not easy or cheap. This is a good deal IMHO.

Would a new hub not be cheaper? I could sell you an almost new set of sektors and a matching wheel for less than that!

LoCo
    Free Member

We still have 1 1/8″ soloair RCT3 revelations in stock too! 15mm axle though, but then the thru axle is one of the more worth while ‘standards’ introduced 😉

fastkid30
    Free Member

Hi Chaps,

Thanks for your comments, im talking about the chrome stanchions, they are pitted and im afraid may start to leak if I dont get them re chromed/replaced. Iv’e been searching through the internet and found a company that offer the rechroming for £139 for a pair, 2-3 week turn around and they have some good reviews http://www.brooksuspension.co.uk/services.html I had a search on them and they are quite well known and seem to do a good job with rechroming. Have any of you guys heard of them before?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fork Rechroming’ is closed to new replies.