Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fork questionn – negative air chamber
  • letmetalktomark

Afternoon All,

I have a set of 2008 Rebas that I have had since new and perform wonderfully.

I have the dual air system set up as per the RS manual for my weight etc.

One question though, if I add too much negative air pressure (i.e. more than the positive) it sucks in the stantions and reduces travel. Is this usual?

I guess its not an intentional design outcome of the fork?

nuke

Is this usual?

Yes. Run my Revs with about equal +ve and -ve but still lose a bit of travel. Feel a bit harsh if I run the +ve higher than the -ve though

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Yes, completely normal.

letmetalktomark

That is reassuring!

Its handy for reducing travel when needed – seemingly at no expense of performance 😕

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

I was a little confused when my stanchions started disappearing.. Then I remembered the sage advice.. Only set the +ve with the -ve completely empty, and then set the -ve.
    Lo and behold, the rest of my stanchions re-appeared!

Paceman
    Free Member

That's interesting Bikewhisperer, i've thought the travel on my missus Rebas looked a little short for awhile, this could well be why 💡

letmetalktomark

bikewhisperer – Member

I was a little confused when my stanchions started disappearing.. Then I remembered the sage advice.. Only set the +ve with the -ve completely empty, and then set the -ve.
    Lo and behold, the rest of my stanchions re-appeared!

Just re-pressurized mine doing +ve first and all is good – full travel and dare I say it slightly better action 😳

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes.. negative pressure works against the main spring. It's there to give a little boost to get the fork moving against the friction of the seals.

Zoolander
    Free Member

As well as setting + first, I find that setting the – with the bike upside down gives a more accurate Reading as you don't have the weight of the bike adding to the negative pressure ( this may work with + too but I only had the issues with the -)

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

nuke – same here

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fork questionn – negative air chamber’ is closed to new replies.