Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Fork opinions please.
  • andy4d

So i have a set of fox 34s 150mm fit4 performance on my cube stereo 140. They are 6 months old and rebound knob seized so bike shop have given me 2 options.
    A)keep them and get repaired in 2-3weeks
    Or
    B)replace for a new set of yari rc.

What’s stw thoughts, keep the fox or swap for the yari.

joebristol

Never tried the Fox 34’s but I have 160mm travel Yari RCs on my bike and they’re great. Although in context I’ve only tried 150mm travel RS revelations and 98 mazocchi Bomber z1’s.

Would think the Yaris are a bit heavier and a bit stiffer in terms of tracking as they have a very deep crown and 35mm stanchions.

They have motion control damping which is the only thing that makes them different from Rockshox Lyrics which have a charger damper.

Adjustments you’d have are air pressure, one general compression damping dial on the top of the fork leg and rebound damping adjuster on the bottom of the fork leg.

You can also adjust how progressive the air spring is with tokens.

All I’ve done is pump them up to the pressure advised then made a few subtle tweaks to that pressure and played with the rebound damping . Run the compression damping wide open.

dumbbot
    Free Member

I had the same with a set of Fox 32 fit4’s, a know issue with a batch rebound assembly wasn’t greased in the factory apparently…fix by Mojo under warranty.

Never ridden a yari so can’t help you there, but i’m pretty happy with those fox forks for my mincing/riding.

andy4d

I should add I tend to just mince 😀 no big drops etc so the weight of the yari is a concern, but I love the black stancions. That said I don’t know how heavy my fox are anyway.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Not a statement based on fact but aren’t Fox usually lighter than RS, as is the case here so if you’re a mincer and concerned about weight, then stick with Fox.

The Fox is the more valuable fork too.

chestrockwell

Are they the current Fox? If so stick with them. I have a set of Yari’s and they’re very good but not as good as the top end forks.

mboy
    Free Member

DEFINITELY get them repaired! Yari not a patch on the FIT4 Damper in the Fox IMO.

andy4d

They are the 2016 model that I got new in Dec 2016.

Swinging towards just getting them fixed after thinking about it. If i get the new yaris I need to get the steered cut/star nut fitted and I left the crown race on the fox forks when I sent them back so would need a new one of those, so new yari fork could be a bit of a hassle, so repairing the fox looks easiest.

Cheers for your opinions.

chakaping
    Free Member

+1 stick with the Fox.

And I’m a Rock Shox man normally.

jamj1974

Another Fox vote here too!

JohnnyPanic

As a bonus the Fox’s will probably come back serviced as well.

andy4d

Well got the Fox forks back the other day serviced and the sods have removed and not returned the crown race I left on. Why did they need to remove the race to service them!!!! Anyway contacted them and race is in the post. Hoping to get a ride in this weekend at last.

goffy63
    Free Member

Same problem with my wife’s Fox 32s fit 4 2016s.
    hopefully sending them off Monday, what was the turn around time please?

andy4d

About 4 weeks all in. Sent them on a Thursday night, took a week for CRC to confirm they had them (I was sweating they had gone missing). Then on the next day, Fri, they said they were faulty and offered repair or swap for a Yari. I thought about it over the weekend and on the Monday opted for the repair….2 1/2 weeks later the fork was back,last thur….minus the crown race which turned up on wed. So I think that adds up to about 4 weeks.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Fork opinions please.’ is closed to new replies.