Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fork Oil – 7.5wt – what's best and where from?
  • chriswilk
    Free Member

only need enought for one service so don't really want to have 1L lying around for 6 years until the next service as it'll have gone off by then…

RudiBoy
    Free Member

TF for small bottles or motorbike shop for larger bottles…..both will be the same price.

stumpy01

I got some from Chain Reaction a while ago – think it's £5.99 for 500ml.

the_lecht_rocks

crc – stendec

uplink
    Free Member

Halfords do it

You may as well get a bigger bottle if it's no dearer & use it as a general lubricating oil if you have no use for what's left

bomberman
    Free Member

any synthetic fork oil will do the trick really. I get all mine from a local motorbike shop. at the moment i have PJ1 5w and 10w which i mix but i've had silkolene in the past. Don't be fooled by MTB marketing! fox suspension fluid is just re-branded Torco RSF medium.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Motor bike shops is the way forward.

If you ask nicely, as they use a litre at a time in most forks, they'll let you have 100ml for next to nowt

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

Aye – another vote for motorbike shops, Silkolene stuff for me!

Like Bomberman I also blended a mix of 10wt and 5wt, as 7.5wt seemed hard to source at the time.

Suited me perfectly, as I could tune oil weights for my far less hefty Bro and my (then) GF.

bomberman
    Free Member

just for info sake you can also substitute fox float fluid for 85w gear oil as it's the same! I took a syringe to my motorbike shop and they filled it free of charge. These motorbike shops are a lot cheaper than mountain bike shops. puts us to shame!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fork Oil – 7.5wt – what's best and where from?’ is closed to new replies.