• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by nikk.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • fork oil ?
  • pip001
    Free Member

hi,im going to do a lower leg service on my 27.5 rebas.i know it should be 15w in the lowers but ive got loads of 10w.would it make much difference if i use that instead? can you reuse the washers or is it best to replace them.thanks for the help.

deadkenny
    Free Member

I believe it doesn’t matter that much. TF Tuned’s Lower Lube mix I bet isn’t exactly the spec of every fork but seems to cover all/most forks.

Washers/seals I have a look and replace only if they seem knackered. Especially the wiper seal as I find it a faff.

Never sure about the crush washers. They say always do them but I never bother and never had an issue. Though I should order all the stuff in just in case they need doing really, which reminds me as I need to service some Pikes.

benjamins11
    Free Member

Ive used engine oil in my lowers for the last 8 years, whatever I have around. It doesn’t make the blindest bit of difference.

Northwind

Lowers is just a lube bath so very unfussy. I used to use diesel engine oil in my toras…

You ought to replace crush washers every time. I’ve never replaced one, because I like to live dangerously

pip001
    Free Member

thanks for the replies.been looking at the service info.wheres the best place to get the spring grease and seal grease?cheap would be good too.thanks

nwmlarge
    Free Member

Get slick honey its the business, not particularly cheap but worth it.

pip001
    Free Member

went for the slick honey and sram butter,thanks all for the help

nikk
    Free Member

Fork Oil:

(ref)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘fork oil ?’ is closed to new replies.