Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fork life
  • crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

i need to get some new trail forks for my inbred, im currently running a friends 04 mx comps….which i dont want to brake for him.
    im thinkink of fox 32's or revs, but as most of the riding will be done in south wales, and i ride alot, several times a week at least, im worried about wear.
    should i stick to marzocchi and get some old am's?

andrewh
    Free Member

Marzzochis are fairly robust, but their spare-parts availablity/Windwave customer service is appalling. I would avoid Pace too.
    Maguras have been pretty good for me.

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

i got the AMs serviced in 2 days whent they broke…cant complain…it took me 2 months to get a rock shox shock fixed on warrenty. i looked at magura's but they r pretty pricy even second hand from what i can see…and people have told me that rock shox are servicible at home?

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

It depends on how much time you have to service them. If you buy fox (or to a lesser extent rockshox) you'll have to do a quick 20min service every few weeks. Nothing major, but if your not service minded and ride lots maybe look to other brands.

crazy-legs

I've had a set of RockShox Psylo SL's since 2002; they've had a service about once every 12-18 months or so at TF Tuned and that's pretty much it bar me keeping the stanchions clean and a bit of chain lube on the seals every week or so.

That's 8 years use and still going strong. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fork life’ is closed to new replies.