Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Fork length issue
  • fd3chris
    Free Member

Hi guys, I’ve recently bought an sx trail as I’ve always wanted but my riding isn’t that suited to a 170mm bike, although it has propedal so it’s not too bad. Can anyone advise me if fitting a 140mm front fork will suit the bike or to handle correctly does it need 160mm plus? Thanks 🙂

scaled
    Free Member

Having ridden a frame designed for 150mm forks at 120 i’d say it’ll make it horrible…

nuke

Struggling with why you’d buy an SX Trail when your riding isn’t that suited to 170mm travel but hey, each to their own…

Maybe something with travel adjust? Fox 36 or 34 with Talas? Some of the older TALAS forks with have mid point travel so 100-130-160 instead of just 100-160.

I ride a Hemlock with 100-120-140 Talas forks and, when it’s not pointed down, run it at 100 and it rides fine.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Yes I understand your struggle lol but I’ve always wanted to try one and so I’m trying to make it more trail friendly than gravity . I think the Talas is a good idea , it’s just I don’t want very heavy free ride forks on it , like 66’s, as for my riding it might be too much . I do appreciate your advice thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Fork length issue’ is closed to new replies.