Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • fork juice
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

anybody use this ???? do you really need fork juice ?

http://www.biketart.com/products/juice-lubes-fork-juice

mieszko
    Free Member

The Bike Chain had a nice new stand with Juice lubes and I bought it along with some fork oil. It does clean the seals nicely but didn’t try it off road just when cleaning my bike, might be something like the Brunox spary but in a huge can so will last longer. It wasn’t expensive as well so after the first testing at home . seems as a good buy.

glenh
    Free Member

Of course you need snake oil for your forks!

Big-Bud
    Free Member

gets all the crap out of the seals after a ride when you clean it,
    eases stichtion & would add life to fox stanchtions .

Rorschach
    Free Member

washes all the crap past the seals after a ride when you clean it,
    dilutes the fluid on the wiper rings (which then dry out) & shortens the life of fox stanchions

Lionheart
    Free Member

I like it. Works well for us, cleans the seals easily, and less sticks to it afterwards. We do basic servicing on our forks pretty regularly and oil stays clean. Interested if it: washes dirt past seals, though not our experience, and if it dries out the seals or helps strip the surface?

cullen-bay
    Free Member

Good stuff, smells nice and leaves the forks really buttery. +1

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I really like it for cleaning wiper seals and stanchions. The spray is a really fine mist, though, and tends to waft quite far away. It is absolutely imperative that the brake caliper and rotor are covered if applying this stuff with a spray technique. I wrap a cloth around the stanchion so that the spray can only run down it and onto the wiper, not escape down and coat the brake. If I’m just wiping the stanchions down, I spray it on a cloth or tissue and wipe that over them. I don’t leave the stanchion wet as per the can’t instructions as it just picks up loads of crap. Once applied and dried, it leaves the anodised stanchion surfaces notably smoother. It may be more of an advantage on forks with both oil and wiper seals, but even on my wiper-only Fox forks the reduction in friction is obvious. It’s no kind of magic substance, but I figure that that if seals and stanchions have to be cleaned – and of course they do – then I’d struggle to find a better product to do it.

Another use for it is for cleaning the seat post (or any other appropriate part of the bike). Once the excess is wiped and the seat post is dry, it’s so smooth/slippy that much less dirt sticks to it. A real boon, especially on dusty summer rides, if you adjust the height of your saddle regularly.

coatesy
    Free Member

Definitely runs smoother with it, and stays cleaner too. Not noticed any negative effects inside during routine maintainence.

kaiser
    Free Member

i think you’ll find it’s basically a silicon spray.
    I use it and don’t spray directly due to contamination/waste issues.
    much easier to spray a little into a small container then rub it on with your finger before cycling the fork up and down.

surfer
    Free Member

Good forks expensive.
    Servicing expensive.
    Fork juice cheap.

Any good? Maybe and it last ages so I will spend a fiver on it in the hope that it works.
    It certainly appears to

Northwind

It seems to be just silicon lube, which is fine, since that’s what you’d want to use anyway assuming you don’t want to use fork oil. Bit expensive considering but since a can lasts forever is it worth fretting over a couple of quid?

I find Rorschach’s version of events highly unlikely, it draws crap back off the seals in exactly the same way as lube-and-bump does with fork oil, and there’s no sign at all that it’s either pushing dirt past the seals or for that matter that it’s diluting the fluid. I guess this could all apply if you have a fork with rotten seals already but it doesn’t happen with Revelations.

nuke

I like it and use it all the time.

During the summer I was taking the bike out through the front door and spraying the stanchions just before I went out the door…my wife couldn’t figure out why the wooden floor was so slippery in the hallway 😀

elaineanne
    Free Member

lol nuke ( so i guess its best to spray it on a cloth first and rub it on the stanchions rather than the spray getting onto the brake caliper/totar…thats sounds gud advice anyhoo 😉 :mrgreen:

neilforrow

top stuff, well worth it, keeps the fork feeling factory fresh, cleaner and improves small bump feel…

it is a product that when used you can actually notice the difference…

get some.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

It smells ace

solamanda
    Free Member

coatesy
    Free Member

Also, turn the bike upside down when applying it, that way the overspray won’t land on your discs(barring massive numpty use, obviously).

snakebite
    Free Member

Got some a couple of days ago and there is a noticeable difference in fork butteryness. My coil Lyriks are now super sexy smooth!

mrplow
    Free Member

Definitely got past the seals in my Lyriks as I found it in the lowers when I serviced them at the weekend for loss of travel.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘fork juice’ is closed to new replies.