Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fork issues ??? Rockshox Sektor issue (I think)
  • tomglass20
    Free Member

Hi All

Iv got set of 2011 Rockshox Sektor RL solo air, and up until now they have felt good but whilst out yesterday on any square edged hits or fast pitted section the front end felt like something was loose/knocking. Obviously i checked the headset, handlebars, front wheel etc and was all solid. So the question is are they broken? could they do with a service? or is it a damping issue that could be fixed with an upgrade?

any help is much appreciated

cheers

Tom

rickon
    Free Member

LoCo! Assemble!

rickon
    Free Member

Seriously though, when you rock the wheel back and forth with the front brake on can you feel the knock?

If you put your finger behind the stanchion, against the arch, can you feel play/movement?

If so, it could be the bushings….

I’ll leave the rest to the more qualified.

rickon
    Free Member

I’d give Simon at LoCo Tuning a bell, he’ll be able to sort you out – it’ll be worth popping them to him for a service anyway as he’ll get them running really smooth, much better than when they came out of the box 🙂

http://locotuning.co.uk/contact.html

paulage
    Free Member

My 2011 Sektor RL’s developed the same fault over the weekend. Checked all the obvious like yourself. Any joy solving the problem?

circuts
    Free Member

Have either of you guys got this sorted? I think I have the same problem. Its like the first 1-3mm of travel are loose. So no spring or damping.

They arent loose at the seals. I did the lower leg sevice and its still happening.

Any advice would be welcome.

LoCo
    Free Member

Most likely to be movement on the main air piston, which has a spring arrangement on it, the spring is replaced during a full service.
    Rickon, how did you know I respond to the Conch trumpet?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fork issues ??? Rockshox Sektor issue (I think)’ is closed to new replies.