Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Fork hitting downtube on Cotic Soul
  • gdj001
    Free Member

Anyone else had a problem with this? I’ve just noticed that my fork (fox 32 rl 2011) catches the downtube of the bars spin right round but only on the rebound/lockout side.

kelvin

Do you have an external bottom headset cup?

gdj001
    Free Member

Yeah I’ve got the cane creek one Cotic spec when you buy a frame off them.

kelvin
    gdj001
    Free Member

That’s it. Someone suggests sticking a washer in there, might work but probably not ideal

kelvin

You should be able to get a +5mm crown race.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Funny…well not for you but I was reading an ebay listing of a soul the other week which mentioned that cotic had welded the frame downtube 5mm or so to low and because of this he got it cheaper.

gdj001
    Free Member

Cheers Kelvin.

Interesting. If it’s happened to someone else it might be worth me dropping Cotic an email then to see if they can help out

Thanks

sbob
    Free Member

darrenspink – Member

Funny…well not for you but I was reading an ebay listing of a soul the other week which mentioned that cotic had welded the frame downtube 5mm or so too low and because of this he got it cheaper.

Sounds like BS to me.
    I doubt Cotic would want defective frames in the marketplace and I would have thought that they would use jigs to prevent such errors.

Or I’d effing well hope so on a £500 off the peg steel frame!

Northwind

There was a batch of older Souls that were constructed wrongly- spec error at the factory so rather than just being welded wrong the whole thing was wrong, specced up, cut and jigged in not quite the right shape. So in the end, worked fine I think, but looked wonky. But they were straight steerer models (I can’t remember which variant)

darrenspink
    Free Member

Wouldn’t be the first time bullshit was posted on ebay but interesting why he woild post it http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cotic-Soul-Frame-/321338374542?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Fragrances_Women_s_Fragrances_PP&hash=item4ad142798e

old_mtber
    Free Member

Interesting this one. I’ve got a Soul 3 with a Hope external type h/set and running 2011 Float rlc forks.
    I checked mine after reading this post and have at least 1cm clearance between the fork lockout cap and the frame.
    May be worth having a chat with Cotic.

cy

We did have a small number of large frames arrive (1 1/8″ steerer Soul2 type) a few years back with tubes welded on too low. I had them lab tested and they were fine so rather than waste all that effort and energy spent on making them by scrapping them we sold them off for 25% off with full warranty and full disclosure. Nothing shady going on there.

Moving on to the problem above, this is the first instance of this problem we’ve heard of on the Soul3, and we have those exact forks on demo bikes ourselves. Is it a small or XS frame? That is the worst case for clearance, but I am surprised as I have the crown drawings for most forks to check that kind of thing when I’m designing. Give us a shout with the full low down and we’ll figure something out.

gdj001
    Free Member

I’ve sent you a quick email, Cy.

Just to let everyone know, it’s a mk2 soul not a mk3.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Fork hitting downtube on Cotic Soul’ is closed to new replies.