Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fork help please Rockhopper so confused. Exotic carbon rigid.
  • oldie
    Free Member

Hi

I need a bit of help in selecting a fork.

I have a 26er 2011 Rockhopper SL 19 inch frame and the original suntour fork has 80mm travel. It’s used only when locked out.

Anyway my riding is purely done on road. I have narrowed it down to get a rigid fork from carbon exotic.

From days of research the carbon exotic rigid fork seems to be a good lightweight fork for my riding and weight.

I’m just confused about which one to buy? They list several different forks. Aluminium steerer, carbon steerer etc
    3k carbon or UD carbon.

I know I need a post mount. What steerer do I choose? And what about suspension correction. I read on forums that 44.5cm suspension correction for 100mm would be better?

Please help. If anyone can tell me the differences in the steering material and also the difference in the carbon material that would be great. Anyone know the code of the fork I need?

Really appreciate any help received.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Aluminium or carbon steerer? Is up to you, carbon is lighter but more expensive.

3K/UD refers to the finish, 3K has a carbon weave finish whilst UD has Raw/Plain finish, again personal choice.

Steerer looks like it will need to be 1 1/8, would keep fork length similar to your your current axle to crown measurement minus a few centimetres for sag.

jamj1974

Mostly answered above but.

Suspension corrected. Yes, I would.
    3K – looks like people expect carbon to look, you can see the fibres under a clear glossy or more matte top coat
    UD looks like a uniform finish – I’ve seen this mainly in matte.

oldie
    Free Member

Thanks for the help

wicki
    Free Member

Replaced my sus fork with an Exotic carbon and could not be happier.

Look on the exotic web site fot the Axle to crow messurements.

http://www.carboncycles.cc/?s=0&t=0&rb=14&#MTB_Carbon_3K_with_1.1/8_inch_Steerer

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fork help please Rockhopper so confused. Exotic carbon rigid.’ is closed to new replies.