Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • fork dilema……..help..
  • ton

just sold a tourer, got £500 for it…
    need some 140mm air forks with a 230ish steerer and 20mm bolt thru
    crc have some nice revelations at £517 that would be ace.
    should i bite the bullet and buy em, or be a tight wad and wait till i get something suitable off here.
    but no one has steerer as long as that do they?????

mamadirt
    Free Member

Nixons? Are they for the Stiffee – reckon they’d rock. Axle to crown is the same as the 130mm Bombers I had on mine – perfect.

ton

mama, they are.
    got the frame today, baby blue and one of the ‘my favourite number’ ones
    ……………69…………
    I AM VERY EXCITED 😉

PROLINE85
    Free Member

You really don’t see many forks for sale on here with that length of steerer!

If it was my money I wouldn’t buy the 2009 Revs as have heard of loads of seal issues, also they have the same internals as Pike’s i.e. can get a bit overwhelmed when you really hammer them.

I’d buy a pair of Fox Vanillas with 15mm lowers from CRC for £350 instead, or wait and buy the new 2010 Revs with the updated damping gubins, power bulges etc. Just my opinion, oh and I own Pike’s and Vannillas so have some experience of them.

Floats are nice forks as well…

mamadirt
    Free Member

Ooooh, the special edition 😀 . What about the 140mm version of these? I’ve just fitted 120mm Absolutes – lovely forks (as were the 100mm coil sprung Comps I bought the week before – don’t ask 😉 – now on a well-known auction site as I’m too damn lightweight for them 😕 )

ton

always been a bit wary of manitous.
    dont want owt fancy, just a nice solid 140mm air fork.
    are the last one solid enough???

Hairychested
    Free Member

I’d get Nixons, have had a few pairs over the years and never had any problems. Light, reliable and cheap. What more can you ask for?

firestarter
    Free Member

you never know tony i picked up a set of float rlc fork from here with a 230 steerer but i chopped it down to 175 last week lol

mamadirt
    Free Member

Hmmm, plenty solid enough for my 8 1/2 stone 😉 . That said they are pretty light weight and the 120s do seem very slightly more flexy than the 100s they replaced . . . go for the Nixons (or Vanillas if you don’t mind coil sprung).

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Zocchis can have new steerers put in them by windwave for £40

I have had it done on a set of Zis ( needed a reinforced steel steerer for tandem use)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘fork dilema……..help..’ is closed to new replies.