Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fork choice and RockShox range
  • The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Hi there,

Looking to replace my old Manitu Six's in the next few weeks with something new. Their 80mm so anything longer than 100mm is going to have to have the ability to be wound down somewhat.

Riding style is cross country and marathon racing.

Looking at the low end SIDS, or the Reba's, but I'm not too sure what the difference is within the Rockshox world? Are Reba's just the lower model in the race range?

Any new frame I get is going to be build for 120mm forks, (think Soul or Pace 104), so is it worth getting something longer I can wind down for now instead of having the fork out, (get it, pun, haha), for a new front end later on.

Is there anything else that I should be looking into?

Thanks.

njee20
    Free Member

SID for racing, if you think you're going to get a longer travel frame in the future, get the Reba, it's slightly stiffer (and heavier), can be adjusted up to 120mm and has Maxle through-axle versions.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Thanks for that, I'll take a closer look at Reba's. I assume that the number quoted in the model name is the max suspension available, as there seems to be quite a few 100mm Reba's around.

br
    Free Member

go for the maxle version – stiffer and secure

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

If you want a 100mm fork max then why not get a frame designed for a 100mm fork?

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

stuartanicholson – Member

If you want a 100mm fork max then why not get a frame designed for a 100mm fork?

Funny you should say that as I've just checked the Pace 104 spec and it has been designed for 100mm forks not 120 as I had originally thought, excellent news.

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

If it were my money i'd be looking at some 100mm reba teams or f100s. I wouldnt worry too much about qr on 100mm forks (unless you're a big guy)…crc are doing these.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fork choice and RockShox range’ is closed to new replies.