Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • fork and rear shock advice please
  • Creg

Thanks to the power of eBay I now have an Azonic Sabre frame which I got at a fairly bargain price (£110 to be exact) 😀

Im now looking for various parts to build it up, mainly a set of forks. Im not looking for an out and out DH or Freeride kind of build more something that I can pedal up and then enjoy on the way back down. Would something like 66's or Pikes be overkill? What other options are there (that wont break the bank)?

On the weight saving front, would it be worth swapping the Romic coil shock for something air based?

Thanks

Creg

anyone?

frame arriving this week and hoping to have it built up ASAP 😀

timraven

Air Pikes are great or try any Fox with a QR15, I wouldn't buy a fork without a bolt through.

Air shock will usually save you weight, but won't be as plush, so I'm told.

tomhughes46

I have some Marz AM3 140mm qr for sale, in pretty good nick. Very plush and stiff for qr fork, looking for about £125 posted. tompeterhughes at hotmail dot com

tomhughes46

Oh and in my (limited) opinion, wait and see how it rides with the coil. Depends on your riding style, and how well it pedals, you might appreciate something with a lock out.

baronspudulike
    Free Member

Some Fox vanilla's secondhand and as mentioned an air shock will save weight, and from my short experience with romic shocks a decent platform (pro-pedal) style shock will make your bike more suitable for getting up hills than the romic will, but it won't be as plush. Perhaps a Vanilla rear shock with pro-pedal, plush with a decent platform and reasonably cheap.

PJM1974
    Free Member

The Romic is a great shock IME, I've got one for my Enduro.

The only issue now is getting it serviced, not sure who services them these days.

Creg

Thanks for the info.

Shock change isnt going to be an immediate thing, forks are the main focus for now and Ill look at upgrading the shock later when I have more money.

Need to find cassette, mechs, shifters and a front brake too

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘fork and rear shock advice please’ is closed to new replies.