Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Forgotten ipod touch pass code…………
  • kitebikeski
    Free Member

Son has forgotten his ipod touch pass code. It hasn’t been synced with a pc, so it looks like he will either have to restore it in itunes – losing the songs & games he has bought, or it looks like I can download some real dodgy looking software that will unlock it – presumably intended for stolen Ipods. Anyone know if this works OK – or could it mess up the ipod? Or any alternatives?

Cheers!!

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Restore it

kitebikeski
    Free Member

Cheers – kids are now converted to STW – any question answered in under 1 min!

bentandbroken

Restore and then download the songs/APs again. If you use the same account the download will be free.

If necessary he can search emails receipts for a list of his previous downloads. If there is an issue with any download asking for money simply contact Apple with details from the receipt

wysiwyg
    Free Member

It’ll have to be a dfu restore to bypass the pass lock. Google dfu as I’m not typing out technique on phone

CountZero

If you go into the iTunes Store on the Touch, and look along the bottom, you’ll see Music/Films/TVProgrammes/Search and More. Go into More, and you’ll get, from top to bottom, Audiobooks/Tones/Genius/Purchased/Downloads. Go into Downloads and you’ll get a choice of Music/Films/TVSeries. Ta da! 😀

kitebikeski
    Free Member

Cheers – it is restoring now – along with a software update which is scheduled to take 4 hours!

drlex
    Free Member

Yup; I had this when daughter #1 passed hers to #2, but had forgotten the code. Restore in DFU mode would only work with an upgrade to the latest firmware; you may be getting 6.1 which is out just now!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Forgotten ipod touch pass code…………’ is closed to new replies.