Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Forgot to wear my helmet on last nights ride…
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

…. and I didn’t die 😯

that is all

jota180
    Free Member

Wow – I’ll never forget this day

bruneep

But one day you will die.

trout
    Free Member

After a 1 second risk assessment I decided to let the wind flow through my not so flowing locks
    and am still here too

Trimix
    Free Member

I spent my whole childhood without one – still here today.

Feels great with the wind in your hair, especially on a hot day like this weekend.

Bruneep, everyone is going to die one day.

Drac

I wore one the last time I rode my bike and I’m still alive too.

jonba
    Free Member

I ride thousands of miles a year and have for about 5 years (somewhere about 5k I think). Over the last 5 years I’ve broken three helmets*. On most rides I don’t need a helemt, on those three I probably did.

*Black ice on a winter road ride, hit by a car commuting, hit a tree after crashing my mtb.

wwaswas

Main reason I wear one currently is because of all the foliage that seems determined to turn every bit of singletrack into a 3ft tall tunnel of green. I’m forever clonking my head on branches and stuff.

I’ve asked my wife and she says I’m still alive.

psling
    Free Member

You may not have died but statistically you are now brain damaged 😯

psling
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member
    Main reason I wear one currently is because of all the foliage that seems determined to turn every bit of singletrack into a 3ft tall tunnel of green

I can remember once almost hanging myself when a branch caught in the air vent of my helmet taking me off the back of the bike. The strap left a nasty graze on my neck and it scared the bejazus out of me; so, why when someting like that happens do we all fall around in tears of laughter… 😆

bruneep

Trimix – Member
    I spent my whole childhood without one – still here today.

Feels great with the wind in your hair, especially on a hot day like this weekend.

Bruneep, everyone is going to die one day.

Whoosh!

My point exactly.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

no one ever posts that they forgot to wear a lid came off and hurt themselves, must never happen…..

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I got about a mile from home before remembering, and then decided what the heck.

I did find though that I missed the helmets peak for deflecting bugs etc.

Yes I will wear a helmet next time I go out, but it did feel very nice not to be wearing one.

Keva
    Free Member

I forgot to take mine to Cwmcarn once. I only realised I wasn’t wearing it when I was halfway up the climb and noticed from looking at my shadow on the ground.

On another note, I was riding home for lunch one day several years ago and was wearing a beany hat instead of a helmet. A car reversed into me whilst I was on a cycle lane and I hit the road at about 18mph. Fortunately I wasn’t badly injured, bit of a bump on the head and a bleeding nose.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

FD – I agree, it lovely to ride without a lid occasionally. We all know the score and are grown up to make our own choices – and every now and again its fun to feel the wind in your hair!!

woodsa
    Free Member

Did a about a decade of mountain biking without wearing a helmet (just seemed a faff). After being talked into wearing one, the first time I did I went straight otb on a decent and cracked it. Good luck/bad luck, you choose.

DezB
    Free Member

Last time I crashed I was wearing one and very glad of it.

But last time I rode I wasn’t wearing one and didn’t crash.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i got to the end of the drive this morning without mine as id forgotten it – but sods law meant i went back and got it.

last time i rode without one i snapped a chain while sprinting and smashed my face off the floor – resulting in concussion , hospital visits – what apparently looked like a siezure and subsequent testing for epilepsy and other such wonderful things.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I died yesterday and am now typing this from the after life.You’d think the wifi would be better though.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

I drove into work today, and wore my seatbelt

I didn’t crash and I’m still alive

clearly car insurance, seatbelts and airbags are a superfluous luxury

that is all

rewski
    Free Member

I didn’t wear one yesterday, mainly because it would of spoilt my pirate outfit, cruised to Hastings with the kids for the huge pirate festival, it felt right nice not to wear one.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I wore one yesterday,

I proceeded to take it off as I wheeled my bike to a pub table, but then caught my head on the corner of one of the table brollies . . . i’m still alive . .

Matt24k
    Free Member

If your helmet is so comfortable and unobtrusive that you can forget to wear it then what’s the problem with wearing on the off chance it may protect you?

eyerideit
    Free Member

I wear a helmets on and off road, mine are very light and not that sweaty.

Don’t take this the wrong way but I don’t care if you wear a helmet or not. It may or may not save your life if you do have a accident. It might feel nicer without one, you may look like a rebel, you may look cooler and your hair will be fully aerated.

It’s your choice, after all the only ones that would be affected are you and your family – should anything happen that is.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Main reason I wear one currently is because of all the foliage that seems determined to turn every bit of singletrack into a 3ft tall tunnel of green. I’m forever clonking my head on branches and stuff.

I’m having the opposite problem at the moment, the grass/nettels/shrubbery is so overgrown that I’ve had 5 crashes in 2 (fairly tame just getting some miles in the sunshine) rides, the front wheel just seems to get sucked in by patches of them!

redthunder
    Free Member

I forgot my helmet the other day whilst riding the BSO. Also, forgot my bag with my tools and promptly got a puncture and had to walk a mile home 🙁

Thankfully it was on the Severn Way and it was a pleasant walk 🙂

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Forgot to wear my helmet on last nights ride…’ is closed to new replies.