Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Forgive me father
  • heywayne
    Free Member

For I have sinned.

It has been some weeks since my last ride.

How do you make time to go for a ride? Does going alone make it easier, or harder to go out?

montylikesbeer

three hail marys, 12 our fathers, a glory be and 3 runs up sutton bank !!!

youngwilliam
    Free Member

Buy a road bike, super easy to get out and put 40km in before breakfast 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I have only done 2 mtb rides since November. I have done loads of riding to work and back though.

heywayne
    Free Member

I’d be dead before getting to Sutton Bank!

Road bike? I’d be scared of snapping it. Before breakfast!? I have to leave the house at 7:10 with a 2 & 1/2 year old in tow, drop him off to the childminders and then drove the 20 miles to work.

I used to cycle to work at my last place – about 7 miles away. I’d drive in on the Monday with my shirts/trousers in the car, then cycle in on a Tuesday-Thursday and then drive home again on Friday with the weeks shirts etc. Would take me 25-30 mins.

One other thing I have against me is that the bikes are stored in a bike shed, under lock and key (x4), and it takes me 1/2 hour just to get ready to get out on the bike.

There just needs to be more hours in the day – I am going to lobby parliament…

cranberry
    Free Member

three hail marys, 12 our fathers, a glory be and 3 runs up sutton bank !!!

If that is the penance for missing a couple of weeks, I’d hate to think what I’ll get for a couple of years. 🙁

( I shall start with driving up Sutton bank and riding from the visitors centre to Swainby – a route known as Kamikaze Kraut ).

hels
    Free Member

Get stuff ready for cycling the night before ?? Then leave the bike by the door last thing at night, it doubles as a burglar deterrant then too.

montylikesbeer

Just get out and ride as often as you can, it will come back to you.

Now off for a run out over the tops of rossendale, what a great day it is too.

toby1

Is this supposed to be ironic? Have you even read the article in this months issue?

Just plan it and don’t deviate from the plan.

VanHalen

just go. if you end up with all the kit you need its a bonus. if you have a mate to meet its a bonus and may get you out the house quicker subject to choosing paint colours, fixing the car, loading hte dishwasher, choosing furniture and all the other things the wife might need sorting at that moment in time.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Less riding=more buying.

Upgrade your bike to the point that you can’t resist riding it 😀

hilldodger
    Free Member

Commuting and taking the ‘long way home through the woods’ (when time/weather allows) usually gives me 2-3 decent rides a week plus weekends for proper all day rides 😀

Klunk
    Free Member

i ride to work with the wife then ride back either on the road or xc depending on which bike i take 30 miles before breakfast lovely.

VanHalen

scenic route home is a winner if no nite ride is possible.

heywayne
    Free Member

Managed to get home on time last night, get the bikes and trailer out and went for a ride round the village with wife and son. Was really nice, but wife is very nervous on roads – which is fair enough. One quiet little lane provided the perfect ride for about 1/3 of the journey.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

just to think im feeling bad because i ant been out since saturday… o

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Forgive me father’ is closed to new replies.