Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Forget your £5k uber bike – Tesco to stock 6 figure MTB's
  • nasher
    Free Member

Well the paid nearly a million quid for 6 muddy foxes..

epicyclo

Can't wait for the ride report…

PikeBN14
    Free Member

Why don't I ever get overpaid by £863,000 ?? Even for a little while 😥

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bruneep

reckon Tesco will ever stock their bikes again?

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

You know what Tesco say, "Every Little Helps" only they get very 'little' change out of a million quid and they are moaning – believe in your own slogan TESCO 😉

skidartist
    Free Member

Well given that tescos expansion is funded solely by their late payment to their suppliers – they make more money holding onto their supplier's money than they make on their markup – then how can they be surprised when someone owing them money drags their heels.

Apparently if money is paid to you in error – ie a million turns up in your account out of the blue, you are not in the wrong to keep it, but if you withdraw it, accrue interest on it or spend it then you break the law. So its useless and you might as well hand it back.

white101

This story makes me laugh, its not long ago Ashley bought some cheap tat and overpaid for it then can't flog it. Now Tesco's are stuck with overpaid cheap tat and will struggle to flog them….hohoho

CountZero

Reminds me of a situation I found myself in years ago. I entered a competition in a bike mag in the late eighties and I won a Muddy Fox Sorceror. Nice bike, worth around £5-600. Anyways, about a year or so after I got an invoice from Muddy Fox asking for payment for the bike! When I phoned them up they didn't seem to know anything about the bike being a competition prize, but fortunately I'd kept the documents from the mag so I could prove it. Arse'oles.

dooge
    Free Member

I once charged a deaf man £2000 for a sat nav instead of £200 when I worked at Halfords. It was a genuine error and noone realised until the guy came back in saying his bank had just called.

Skidartist, too true. Tescos seems to make their money by selling stuff long before theyve paid for it, and by dragging their heels themselves.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Forget your £5k uber bike – Tesco to stock 6 figure MTB's’ is closed to new replies.