Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Forget your 3D printers,
  • Cougar

… check this puppy out.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emUlHFWcHck[/video]

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think this one was done a few weeks back, nevertheless, when I watched the video the last time, I got the impressions that they were making it look a lot easier to do stuff with it than it actually is. 🙂

nickhart
    Free Member

That is very cool. It won’t replace 3d printers as the accuracy isn’t there but as an art tool or a tool for getting an idea across its brill. Wonder if you can do lost wax casting from it?

Cougar

I think this one was done a few weeks back

I searched the forum, the only reference I could find was a “recommend me a gadget” thread from over a year ago.

I was wondering idly how good it’d be for repairs; fixing laptop cases that the hinges have pulled out of, for instance.

aracer
    Free Member

Various other things which are almost certainly better for that – and a lot cheaper. Polymorph and Sugru are the two most obvious. Normal hotglue (which this is kind of a variant of) might do the job as well.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member
    alpin
    Free Member

i’ve used one of these at some 3D print trade show/exhibition in London. basically, they are crap.

the vid makes it look much easier than it is. the finished article (i made a jerking stick man) is brittle and fragile.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Forget your 3D printers,’ is closed to new replies.