Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Forget CRC
  • mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

this is service:

09:15 – Order placed, confirmation email received

09:30 –

Dear Customer,

thank you for your order.

Your current order-status: In Process

Your order is now in process by our shipping-department, we aim to ship it as soon as possible.

11:11 –

Dear Customer,

thank you for your order.

Your current order-status: Dispatched

Actionsoprts.de

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

by the way this isn’t a dig at CRC, i’ve always found their service to be excellent if a little inconsistent recently

coffeeking
    Free Member

Crazy germans, either have too much time on their hands or run incredibly efficiently!

Offroading
    Free Member

German mail order is trully excellent. I ordered some tyres last week and had them within two days there always fast, prompt and good at communication.

Captain_Crash
    Free Member

Anyone with stock is better that CRC. Their current inventory levels are rubbish, they have so much out of stock at the moment.

CC

scruff
    Free Member

lol etc at the ‘Personal-hygiene’ section

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’ve used Actionsports a couple of times and found them very good and Germanically efficient.
    🙂

pk-ripper
    Free Member

merlin did exactly that on monday for me – order made around 10 am, confirmed half an hour later, stuff waiting at the office for me the next day – order to receipt in under 24 hours.

Merlin are great.

ridethelakes
    Free Member

Slight hijack, do you have to pay duty when buying something from actionsports?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

no

davedodd
    Free Member

So it’s not a dig at CRC, and yet the title is “Forget CRC”.

Classic.

Not promoting people to use CRC too much then are you. Looks just like a dig to me.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

really?

good for you

jamesca
    Free Member

even better service?

3.30pm – me, rings ukbikestore and asks for a part for my forks, they don’t have it in but say they will go to the distributor and get it

11am next morning, part arrives

Olly
    Free Member

distribuor is in the next door unit?
    😉

if you want a part NOW, go to your LBS
    if you want it cheap, be prepared to wait 24 hrs.

ive never had problems with CRC

Bludgeon
    Free Member

Slight change of subject but how about this for service?:

Badly damaged bike November 2nd.
    Started insurance claim November 12th
    Arranged to collect bike November 17th – no show
    Collected bike December 2nd
    Finally inspected it December 22nd
    Decided (after I insisted) fork send to Fox January 7th
    Fork returned OK January 14th
    Ordered replacement bike January 15th
    Arranged delivery for replacement bike on February 13th – stayed at home
    Replacement arrived on February 16th – went to work
    I checked it out – Fork not flush with underside of head tube (1mm gap) and brake hose snagging on fork’s crown when turning….
    Taking it to my local shop to be fixed on Saturday…

The bike shop is the insurance companies favourite: Wheelies Direct!

There! That’s off my chest and I dfeel much better now….

lcj

Check this:

Any day of the week, speak to sales assistant, place order. Goods supplied instantly.

LBS everytime for me these days, fed up with being messed around by online retailers

pk-ripper
    Free Member

lcj – Member
    Check this:

Any day of the week, speak to sales assistant, place order. Goods supplied instantly.

I’ve tried to do that, but understandably, they’re catering predominantly for the mass market, so their stock is tied up in Altura and lower end stuff, rather than the odds and sods I want half the time, just cos i like the colourscheme.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

does your lbs keep 120+ mtb tyres in stock?

i’ll go to my lbs for things i know they stock or things i need advice on

pimpmyride
    Free Member

CRC has been shocking the last few months and iv’e not used them since my last bad experience with them (again!), tried ringing them to chase an order that hadn’t turned up and their phones have remained unanswered for 3 weeks!!
    Its now impossible to get an answer on the phone, yes you can email them but nothing beats talking to someone to put your mind at rest when spending £300 on custom wheels!

Merlin or evans for me next time i’m afraid 🙁

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Phones are being answered daily from 9.00 am to 5.30 pm. Another member of staff starting on the phones next week to further increase the number of lines.

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Fair enough but what about the constant out of stock items?

soobalias
    Free Member

ive used actionsports, wiggle, crc, merlin recently and had great service from each.

but a bit like my lbs, if there is nothing in stock, i go elsewhere.

if my lbs offer to order something………..
    i would wait for ever and waste millions phoning them to check

steve_b77
    Free Member

An even better example of customer service comes from a few years ago, I was into the Japanese Car scene, ordered a pair of strut braces froma distributor in Japan on a Saturday, they arrived (bearing in mind that if you order almost anything in the UK on a Saturday they won’t proces it ’till Monday am) and it arrived Wednesday morning at my front door.

THe best part is it was in Royal Mail in Birmingham on Monday Morning, it then took 2 days from there!!

johni
    Free Member

I use CRC, Wiggle and Merlin quite regularly.

Best performance of late has been Merlin this week who I placed and order with at 2pm on Monday and it arrived Tuesday morning before 9am.

I’ve had a few minor delays with CRC lately but nothing more than a few days.

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Things will go out of stock from time to time, if importers can’t supply items there is little we can do. Other times we simply get caught out with demand, apologies for that.

We do try to maintain good stocks of the fastest moving lines, our stock team have just had some reorganisation to further improve this. The stock levels on some items should show a change middle to late next week.

I would say though that stock arrives with us constantly and the goods in team have been far from idle of late…..

gizzardman
    Free Member

CRC are either very good good or shocking in equal measure.
    I recently bought a SRAM X9 shifter from their Flood Sale. It came, no problems but i notices that the internals were different from the 08 one that it was replacing. Now here’s where it gets interesting… I phoned SRAM up and got it confirmed from one of their technical guys that the one from CRC was an 07 model and the internals weren’t as good as the one i was replacing. When i questioned CRC about what year it was they said it was a current model. I challenged them on this and they were adamant that they were right. This went on and on and they just wouldn’t admit thatr what they sold me was on old version. Now i realise that it was a cheap buy but surely they should say if the stock is not current or at least when challenged on it should hold there hands up and say so. I actually sent proof in an email that confirmed what SRAM has said… and they still wouldn’t have it.

Dishonest and unprofesional. I’ll never deal with them again.

gizzardman
    Free Member

Got anything to say about that Andy@CRC?

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

I am afraid I don’t as I am unaware of the detail behind your claims, if you want to email them to me again directly i’ll gladly look into it for you.

gizzardman
    Free Member

I ended up going round in circles to the point where i just sent it back. It was a simple case of your guys not admitting that they were wrong!

sootyandjim
    Free Member

…..if you want a part NOW, go to your LBS…..

And be told “we haven’t got any of those, there isn’t much call for them, but I can order one but we only place orders every second Thursday and you’ve just missed our order day so if the importer has the part we won’t be able to get it for a fortnight”?

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

I see, i have already contacted Fishers and have requested details so i’ll await that before commenting.

I am sure anythign you were told was based on the information to hand, though a mistake could have been made, i’ll see once I get some information from Fishers.

If you want to email me them please do as i’d much rather resolve this if possible.

takisawa2

Never had a problem with CRC.
    Might give the actionsports.de a look though.

roadiesean
    Free Member

Biggest problem with online purchasing ? Bloody useless Royal Mail.

Bought about a dozen things off here and other sites in last month or so (so what else is new?) 4 of them completely lost, never to be seen again. Much as I love it, getting to the point that I won’t buy off forums, getting too risky. Sniff.

sq225917
    Free Member

CRC are victims of their own success, or rather Uk distributors lack of foresight and huge currency fluctuations. Growth in any company is tricky to manage, i imagine CRC are expanding very rapidly

IWH
    Free Member

I called CRC this morning to check details of something I wanted and the phone was answered in 4 rings by a very knowledgable and helpful chap. I placed the order online at 11:34 and got the confirmation email straight away. Just after 3pm I got the email to say the order has been dispatched.

Now if Parcelforce hold up their end of the deal I’ll be laughing but I’ve absolutely no complaints with CRC’s service & staff from this transaction.

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Yeah I think they have had to put another person on the phones due to all the complaints, your one of the few lucky ones 🙂

charlierevell
    Free Member

Never had an Issue with CRC to be honest and i’ve been using them for quite a long time now. Some of the best service avaiable i reckon.

I work for a lighting company in Southern Ireland and you cant always have everything in stock, people let you down, boats get delayed.
    Once we have the items, our biggest enemy is the carrier getting it into the UK (Plane) Then the UK Carrier actually delivering it, in once piece, on time!

So hats off to CRC! Give them a chance on stock… you try keeping all those lines under one roof.
    If they dont have it, go somewhere else… you would on the high street.
    Im sure they’ll make it up to you when they doooo have that odd spare item you needed that no one else has!

Captain_Crash
    Free Member

Yeah, many of us have used CRC, and I will again (when stock arrives…). They’ve been through a rough patch during recent times, but lets not turn this into a CRC bashing thread, please.

The lack of stock has been frustrating and of course I realized, like everyone else, that CRC must have a supply issue and nothing could be done in the short term, possibly related to recent high sales volumes.

You might want to consider that without the sellers such as CRC who have been extremely prompt in the past, we’d not even be expecting items to arrive so quickly. Perhaps they’re kinda victims of their own, past, performance.

Either way, aren’t we over looking one important player in all this, the couriers.

RM, for example, aint exactly the hot show around, service varies. Don’t get me wrong, I know that the round pounders, the people who actually turn up at your door, most of them, work hard to get stuff to you, but sometimes the overall service hampers any speed of prep and dispatch carried out by the seller.

Its good that someone is reporting that ActionSPorts have impressed them with a speedy delivery, I’m sure if all the other peices fall into place (price, stock availability), then other retailers will feel the pressure as we all start buying from ActionSports, but lets not get bogged down with hammering outlets who have many satisfied, silent customers, but who occassionaly “drop the ball” or who’s chosen courier sometimes leaves rather alot to be desired.

I’ve experienced slow delivery from Merlin, Wiggle, CRC, infact most of the more common retailers in the past, and I’ve also experienced the delight of recieving items so quickly you wonder if they’ve teleported to you.

CRC will live or die by its overall service and performance in the market place, and thats the way I think it should be. So lets not waist time slating them.

CC.

hora
    Free Member

ACHTUNG ACHTUNG DAS ORDER IST CURRENTLY EIN POLAND SCHWEIN
    ACHTUNG ACHTUNG DAS ORDER IST CURRENTLY EIN HOLLAND SCHWEIN
    ACHTUNG ACHTUNG DAS ORDER IST CURRENTLY EIN FRANCE SCHWEIN
    ACH, STUCHT AT CALAIS.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

they have all had bad patches, not so long ago merlin was virtually a swear words around these parts

oh and 14:54 today:

Dear Costumer,

Thanks for your order (order-no. RE0VVC39).

Your order has shipped today (18.02.2009) via DPD GeoPost (Deutschland) to the following adress:

blah

The shipment consists of 1 package(s).
    You can track your shipment online on the website using the tracking-number (NVE) 015BNFGBFGB806149Y.

aw bless their comedy (better than my german) accented english

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Forget CRC’ is closed to new replies.