Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Forget all this Thatcher nonsense, Blakes 7 is returning!
  • footflaps

Something good from the 80s!

I even gave up Scouts, to watch Blakes 7, as it clashed with the club’s timetable…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-22079232

whitegoodman
    Free Member

I’m in.

wwaswas

Julian Clary to play Servalan?

whitegoodman
    Free Member

Servalan.. Would you?

househusband

Servalan.. Would you?

Interesting one, that… didn’t she lose an arm toward the end..?

piemonster

No i wouldnt

MSP

It was awful!

I bought a dvd of it about 5 years ago, thinking how much I enjoyed it as a child watching it with my parents. But I was gobsmacked with how very very very crap it really was.

piemonster

didn’t she lose an arm toward the end..?

then again

teasel
    Free Member

very very very crap

Agree, but the synth music was okay.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Some things are best left to rest in peace.

zippykona

Still better than modern Dr Who. Didn’t it have the drummer from Darts?

woody2000

It’ll be crap, totally and utterly crap. 😐

thepurist

Didn’t it have the drummer from Darts?

Dunno but it had Glynis Barber…

<dons rose tinted nostalgia specs to reminisce about those early teenage years>

white101

I wrote to Jimmy Saville trying to get on this show back in the day, so I’m out before I’m scarred again…

EDIT: I didnt get on, but recent events brought the pain of not getting on all back, perhaps not as much pain as there could have been, me being a fair haired freshed faced young 9 year old at the time…..

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I hope it’s not ruined in the same way that Dr Who has been turned into a camp pantomime EastEnders in space.

CountZero

I hope it’s not ruined in the same way that Dr Who has been turned into a camp pantomime EastEnders in space.

You are quite obviously not acquainted with the Doctor Who of John Pertwee and Peter Davidson, then.
    Pertwee’s Doctor was camper than a Boy Scout jamboree! Neo-Victorian frilly shirts, bouffant hair, capes?
    Please!
    I gave up watching after Tom Baker, because it was so God-awful, the current Doctor is a vast improvement in just about every way possible.
    Speaking from the point of view of someone who started watching with the episode ‘An Unearthly Child’…

jon1973
    Free Member

They should just rerun it rather than remake it. A remake will only end in disappointment.

Pigface
    Free Member

Oh God it was crap and Blake was never in it 😆 was the computer called Aurac?

Servalan he’ll yes we’ll when I was 11 she was intriguing,

whitegoodman
    Free Member

It was delightfully camp, Servalan bought out my female side wanting a lesbian relationship with her, didn’t one of them end up as a newsreader on Sky. Aurac was the computer and Blake was always buggering off when he was needed, the alien scenes alwasy seemed to be set in surbiton and the sets moved about but i was hooked, made a change from the day to day reality of StarTrek.

Harry_the_Spider

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48gH_v8ulLA[/video]

Drac

At school we’d use the bands of paper that went wound wool yarns as the communicators from Blake’s 7.

househusband

I seem to recall being able to do the same with the silver foil KitKat wrappers!

footflaps

It go one of two ways, utter pants like Dr Who who get a decent make over like Battlestar Gallactica. Obviously I’m hoping they get Kara Thrace in as Dayna…

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider, that was indeed epic, thanks for sharing 😆

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Wasn’t there another computer in the 2nd series (was there a second series?, clear perspex box jobby. Stolen from somewhere. Or something.

Zen?

footflaps

Orac

Zen was the ship’s computer in the Liberator (series 1-3)
    Salve was the ship’s computer in Scorpio (series 4)
    Orac joined them at the end of series one.

white101

Drac, my mam was a knitter and we did the ball of wool thing. But I remember watching blue peter make them from half a plastic bottle (dilute robinsons juice, but they had covered the label it being the beeb) I drank the bottle over course of a day (dry summers back then, thirsty work playing out on your grifter) and proceeded to cut up the said bottle and make one for going back to school and look cool 😳 only for everybody else at school to have grown up and moved on…..story of my **** life

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Orac, that’s the one!

OK, now you’ve done it. Watching first Episode on YouTube.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Harry that was awesome lols

TuckerUK
    Free Member

OMG, S1E1 Tiff Needell in the computer room?

white101

Harry TS, great stuff. Entertainment for tomorrow sorted, you tube ep1!

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Well, wobbly ‘here’s one we made earlier’ scenery apart, I actually enjoyed that. And now I need to know what happens next!

cbike
    Free Member

I did my tv production module directed by vere lorimer, a blakes 7 director. We shot a taggart style murder thing in Pollok park. He died a few years later.

footflaps

I thought it got much better after series one. Ditching Blake, who was just too serious, and putting Avon in the lead role was a huge improvement. Villa always reminded me of Phil Collins, for some reason…..

whitegoodman
    Free Member

footflaps – Member
    It go one of two ways, utter pants like Dr Who who get a decent make over like Battlestar Gallactica. Obviously I’m hoping they get Kara Thrace in as Dayna…

+1 on that.

That Battlestar Galactica based obviously on historical fact and some of us clearly are descended from Colonials and others are Cylons, easy to spot which in the bike world, Cylons prefering a road bike where their balls should be.

martinhutch

I was a massive Blakes 7 fan in my yoof. The tears that were shed when Gan got squashed by a door….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgGaxn62nvc – just relived the horror again at 45 mins in…still very upsetting, obviously.

They had the coolest guns, ship (Liberator) and teleport bracelets in low-budget sci-fi. I used to make them out of tin foil and buttons.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

A remake will only end in disappointment.

Remember V, the thing about the space lizards pretending they were our friends but only so’s they could eat us? Well that’s been remade by SyFy and is way better than the original. SyFy are doing Blake’s 7, so if their V is anything to go by, Blake’s 7 could be excellent.

mogrim

It’ll be crap, totally and utterly crap.

Depends, the remake of BSG is excellent. Doctor Who is entertaining, the main difference is that BSG is made for adults, while DW is light entertainment you can watch with your kids. I’m hoping (and expecting) Blake’s 7 to be similar to the former.

And I watched a couple of episodes of the original a while back, enjoyed it but it hasn’t aged well.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I juts realised I’d watched Ep2, not Ep1. Oh well.

Anyway, Blake had been falsely accused of ‘molesting kids’, very topical for a BBC production.

timraven

I think a re make would be great, particularly on the lines of Battlestar, always thought the concept was great, but the execution was very poor.

Loved the ship.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Forget all this Thatcher nonsense, Blakes 7 is returning!’ is closed to new replies.