Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Forget about the price, which 130-140mm fork would you go for ?
  • pinkyponk
    Free Member

Got a tidy little unexpected windfall coming my way in march. I fancy treating the ST4 to some new forks. Easy come, easy go. Quite like the idea of the BOS Deville 140 or Marz 44 rc3 ti. What would you go for ???

glynP
    Free Member

YGM

ianpinder
    Free Member

Bid deville, no question

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    pinkyponk
    Free Member

glynP – no i dont. leerobnson598@btinternet.com

LoCo
    Free Member

BOS,Fox then Marz.

pinkyponk
    Free Member

No R/S ?

LoCo
    Free Member

sorry Bos, Fox then R.S/Marz based upon overall performance.

If we were really taking money no object I’d buy a factory and manufacture my own gas charged forks like the moto gp Ohlins 😀 But I think they would cost a bit 😯

gamo
    Free Member

Put a pair of kashima coated float rlc’s spaced to 120mm on
    mine and they are fantastic:)

glynP
    Free Member

Bos first then RS then Fox. I have the 160mm Bos on my LTC, super plush and very stif

pinkyponk
    Free Member

Running pikes at the moment and they have been bullet proof. I fancy a change though. I do want the Bos i think. I am a fan of simple set up on all things suspension related though and i fear the Bos may be quite a fart on to get right ?……..

pinkyponk
    Free Member

Also, im am retaining water a bit, and the last air fork i had was a float rl 150 and i found it lost all small bump fidgetyness when set up with the correct sag.

Houns

DT Swiss

dirtyrider
    Free Member

cannondale carbon lefty max pbr

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve just picked up a set of ‘zocchi 44 Micro Ti’s in QR15 flava. Very nice they are too, the service intervals put me off Fox.
    But MNO I would’ve got me some BOS

glynP
    Free Member

Pinkyponk, non of your email addresses work, anyway we have 140&160mm bos forks in stock at last years prices

pinkyponk
    Free Member

glyn – have mailed you

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

had my 44 rc3 ti for less than a month but really am loving them. 3 year warranty – no service required. that’s damn good (although a service after a year or so will be happening). loved the idea of a coil at air weight too.
    only fork I’d want to change to would be BOS 160mm but even then i’m not 100% sure.
    managed to get my forks for £420 which helped somewhat.

glynp – what are bos 160 last years prices?

glynP
    Free Member

vinnyeh

There’s some dodgy practices (imo) going on here. It’s no longer possible to purchase the forks from the Bos store if your country has a distributor. Considering that the forks are about £665 in the store and £750 from the UK distributor then that doesn’t seem very nice to me.

Does this contravene EU rules?

GW
    Free Member

I only have one bike that I run in that travel range and run coil Pikes at 140mm with the same settings all the time so no matter how much money I had I’d probably just get them pushed. I’m happy enough with the weight/stiffness, like the Maxle system and don’t really need that last 0.001 percent performance for crashing through trees in a shady uncontrolled manner. I would possibly get someone my personal mechanic/uplift driver to machine new top caps, remove the U-turn adjustment from the spring and have a comp adjuster with a littel more resistance and no sticky out lever bit to get adjusted by accident.

pinkyponk
    Free Member

Actually that stikes a cord with me on the pikes. I seem to be between a med and stiff spring and a decent preload adjustment might just make the difference.

pinkyponk
    Free Member

just noticed, wiggle have RC3 ti’s at £404 ! thats tempting !

giantjason
    Free Member

Another vote for some DT Swiss.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Loving my Devilles at 140mm,Replaced a set of Revelation teams.Better small bump and they eat rock gardens.
    2 years for a main service aswell.

GW
    Free Member

pinkyponk – Member
    Actually that stikes a cord with me on the pikes. I seem to be between a med and stiff spring and a decent preload adjustment might just make the difference

Uh? 😕 I didn’t mention pre-load and wouldn’t want pre-load adjustment on any fork.

pinkyponk
    Free Member

sorry – compression

glynP
    Free Member

Its not the retailers fault that you can buy the forks cheaper in Europe and I find the figures quoted a little dubious. As a dealer we are obliged to sell at only one price to make it a level playing field and give everyone a chance of a sale. Its up to you where you want to spend your money but I think its better to support local business.

ashfanman
    Free Member

If money was really no object, RS Rev XX World Cup. Undoubtedly better VFM forks out there, but those would top the list for me.

glynP
    Free Member

Hmmm I would like to see those Rev xx to see if they retain the stifness while being such a light fork, thats the ones with the carbon steerer if i’m correct?

xanboy
    Free Member

DT Swiss for me too.

ashfanman
    Free Member

The ‘standard’ (if you could possibly use that word to describe them) XX Revs aren’t stupidly light. The World Cup versions have the carbon steerer and are less than 1500g IIRC.

neninja
    Free Member

The 2011 Kashima coated Fox’s smooth out small bumps way better than previous years and feel much plusher for the same level of sag without feeling bouncy.

My money would go on 2011 Fox 32 Talas RLC 140 or Float RLC 140

glynP
    Free Member

Cant seem to get on with fox forks, never liked them, prefer rockshox and dt swiss aint bad but after trying the Bos forks they are in a different league from all the rest and they are better value for money

gothandy

Not much traction on this thread but lefty max has superb small bump handling. Just save some money for the servicing.

Northwind

I’d definately like to try the BOS option but my blackbox Revs are very very nice. So i guess I’d say, one of the top end Revs with a maxle, and let’s have a suspension guy wave his magic wand at it for maybe a wee bit more low speed damping… The standard settings are nice but not quite perfect for my taste.

TBH I don’t need it, I was fine with the old motion control ones but hey, I can always use more skill compensation.

craig1975
    Free Member

Ive been running pikes for near 3 year there bomb proof.. id get your pikes pushed.. or go for the blackbox revs..

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Forget about the price, which 130-140mm fork would you go for ?’ is closed to new replies.